Details on the NEW 2016 ship!

I don't know what that means. If you mean adding amusement park rides to ships, then I would agree. Oasis class ships are approaching 2 billion dollars to produce, if that is thinking outside the box, you are correct they are afraid to do that. I would love to hear more about new concepts that would be welcomed by Carnival cruisers. The only one I have seen to make more snese so far is addtional pools.

I agree with you, building ships as insane as Oasis would prevent Carnival from being able to keep their prices down.

I would like to see better Serenity areas. Spirit class ships and Sunshine are, I believe, the only ones with serenity pools. A serenity area is a joke without a pool, IMO. I think something inside, more along the lines of a Royal Promenade type space, would be nice. And just a different look all together. One thing I like about RCI is that with every new class, the ships have a new look (with the exception of Voyager and Freedom class).

There was some posts here a while back about a new concept that Fincantieri (builder of Carnival corp ships and others) had a new concept class of ships called the Miele project. It was runmored back then that the Vista would use this concept (unconfirmed). I cannot find the report again when I googled it.

I'm confused by that project. Maybe I'm just being dense, but if you move the pools down to a lower deck, where do you get the sun? Would it be an open concept like Oasis?

I'm confused by that project. Maybe I'm just being dense, but if you move the pools down to a lower deck, where do you get the sun? Would it be an open concept like Oasis?

I agree it is a little confusing. I am not even sure that the Vista will be this design. I guess we have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

totally off topic.. I know but what do you think vista's home port will be? I'm thinking miami just because of the size needed for a ship that size

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are plenty of ports it could sail out of. Think about RCI's Freedom Class, and the ports that they sail out of. Even the Voyager class are a bit larger and those sail out of many many ports. Not to mention Oasis class sailing out of Ft Lauderdale.

totally off topic.. I know but what do you think vista's home port will be? I'm thinking miami just because of the size needed for a ship that size

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NYC..........to compete with Quantum and Breakaway

I'm hoping for NYC!!:D

That would be a first for Carnival, putting a new ship in New York. Since they are not sailing year round from there now, if they did it, it would be seasonal at best.

Ccl support on twitter a couple weeks ago said that most likely renderings of the ship will be released third or fourth quarter 2014 and bookings will open up sometime 2015.

It makes sense for bookings, the renderings is a little disappointing. I had thought they would be releasing them soon.

Im thinking ft lauderdale to compete with rcl oasis class. Its the biggest port on the east coast. Its busier then miami. Easy to get in and out of. All I know is that im ready to book it!!!!! :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

NYC..........to compete with Quantum and Breakaway

It won't compete against the Quantum any more. Quantum will be based in China starting in May 2015.

The newer Anthem of the Seas is going to NJ late in 2015 so that would be the likely competition if that holds true.

It won't compete against the Quantum any more. Quantum will be based in China starting in May 2015.

The newer Anthem of the Seas is going to NJ late in 2015 so that would be the likely competition if that holds true.

Anthem and Quantum will be so similar it doesn't really matter.

When they announced the new Camp Oceans announcement today, they mentioned it would be on the Vista in Early 2016. It is the first time I have seen a timeframe )other than a year) about when she will be sailing.

When they announced the new Camp Oceans announcement today, they mentioned it would be on the Vista in Early 2016. It is the first time I have seen a timeframe )other than a year) about when she will be sailing.

So I guess were looking at a January/February launch instead of a Oct/Nov/Dec launch.

My guess as well, that being said, it is just a guess based upon the announcement, but still good news.

What did you and cj think about john's question today about what if carnival was to build the largest cruise ship? Anything to read into it? Lol Ive allways thought that carnival may one day resurrect the pinnacle class ship.

What did you and cj think about john's question today about what if carnival was to build the largest cruise ship? Anything to read into it? Lol Ive allways thought that carnival may one day resurrect the pinnacle class ship.

I hope it's just hot air, he throws so much up against the wall to partially disguise the real questions from the fluff. Having recently sailed Oasis I can tell you bigger is not always better.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Not to mention that both Mickey and Gerry both said that Carnival would not play that game. I know things can change, but I would be more than shocked. What you may see is some new innovations on the Vista. Another pool would be a welcomed addition.

Not to mention that both Mickey and Gerry both said that Carnival would not play that game. I know things can change, but I would be more than shocked. What you may see is some new innovations on the Vista. Another pool would be a welcomed addition.

I won't sail on Vista without another pool. That was the biggest mistake made with the Dream Class design IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I wouldn't put too much into it, I don't think Carnival will be building anything over 170,000 tons any time soon. Personally I don't think it'd be a good idea anyways and that the same awe factor can be attained on a smaller ship.

I wouldn't put too much into it, I don't think Carnival will be building anything over 170,000 tons any time soon. Personally I don't think it'd be a good idea anyways and that the same awe factor can be attained on a smaller ship.

I agree.