Private tour with Absolute Italy

highlandshores

I have looked thru about 8 pages looking for reviews or comments about a tour company called Absolute Italy. I have not found any. We are looking at a private tour/guide for party of 4 in Rome. One for Ancient Rome which includes the Colosseum, and another for he Vatican/Sistine Chapel. Ayone? I have read about Rome in Limo, but wanted a guide included. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi,

When we were there in 2011 we used "private tour in Italy" Domenico was first class and gave us memorable private tours in Naples, Florence and Rome. In Rome he provided us with a tour guide for the Vatican and Sistine Chapel. We had people from bigger tours trying to listen in to ours.

My daughter and son-in-law are actually there as we speak. They used Domenico in Rome and he also set them up with a guide. My daughter called me the next day and couldn't say enough about Domenico and the private tour.

You will not be disappointed....If you decide to use him, mention my name and I'm sure that he will take extra care.

Regards,

Frank

http://www.privatetourinitaly.com/

If you want any further information feel free to ask.

Hi,

When we were there in 2011 we used "private tour in Italy" Domenico was first class and gave us memorable private tours in Naples, Florence and Rome. In Rome he provided us with a tour guide for the Vatican and Sistine Chapel. We had people from bigger tours trying to listen in to ours.

My daughter and son-in-law are actually there as we speak. They used Domenico in Rome and he also set them up with a guide. My daughter called me the next day and couldn't say enough about Domenico and the private tour.

You will not be disappointed....If you decide to use him, mention my name and I'm sure that he will take extra care.

Regards,

Frank

http://www.privatetourinitaly.com/

If you want any further information feel free to ask.

Thanks Frank, I will look into the company and see what kind of price they will give me. This is the first time we have been in Rome and I just don't understand spending like 4 hours in the Vatican and then another 3 hours in the Colosseum, which is what most tours is. I am guessing I a totally off base on this and there must be that much to view. But I was hoping we could see inside both and spend a little time in each and move on to something else since we only have 2 days there. Thanks again for your help. This is why I Luv Cruise Critic. I hear from the people who have done this.

I have looked thru about 8 pages looking for reviews or comments about a tour company called Absolute Italy. I have not found any. We are looking at a private tour/guide for party of 4 in Rome. One for Ancient Rome which includes the Colosseum, and another for he Vatican/Sistine Chapel. Ayone? I have read about Rome in Limo, but wanted a guide included. Thank you in advance for your help.

If you are staying in Rome you don't need the additional expense of a car and driver; taxis will do fine if you don't want to walk or use public transit. RIL is a transportation company that will hire a guide for you, but their primary service is not what you need in this case.

There are dozens of tour operators to choose from - what type of tour are you interested in? For example, Context tours tend to be more detailed and academic, without being dry. This is a great fit for some but not for others.

I used 3 Millennia Tours once for a Colosseum/Roman Forum tour when two of the kids were with me. It was a good tour, fun and fact-filled but not to the level of a Context tour, which was appropriate for our group. http://threemillennia.com/

If you are staying in Rome you don't need the additional expense of a car and driver; taxis will do fine if you don't want to walk or use public transit. RIL is a transportation company that will hire a guide for you, but their primary service is not what you need in this case.

There are dozens of tour operators to choose from - what type of tour are you interested in? For example, Context tours tend to be more detailed and academic, without being dry. This is a great fit for some but not for others.

I used 3 Millennia Tours once for a Colosseum/Roman Forum tour when two of the kids were with me. It was a good tour, fun and fact-filled but not to the level of a Context tour, which was appropriate for our group. http://threemillennia.com/

After reading the forum for hours, and looking at tours, I have now decided that I do not want to spend 4 hours at the Vatican and Sistine Chapel one day then another 3 hours at the Museum and surround areas. I do not want that much history information and feel like my time is running short. So I am now in a different direction. I guess we are not that much into hearing hours of history and maybe we are just needing to do a Looky-Loo and move on to the next. Any suggestions?

Archived