Cruise & Maritime MV Discovery/Marco Polo

EDLOS

Can anyone give me a recent review of the MV Discovery and/or Marco Polo. Revues earlier this year were just short of disastrous and they are still sailing.

Love some of their Northern Europe sailings, but need some reassurance that things have gotten better. :confused:

I did a one-nighter on Discovery in April and I was vary impressed. My review is on Cruise.co.uk. There was an excellent review of Discovery and St Petersburg posted last week on the same site. The only bad reviews I have seen of Marco Polo have been comments about norovirus which all ships get from time to time. I have cruised Marco Polo twice and was well pleased on both occasions. I am going to St Petersburg with them in October

• 3 weeks later...

We have been on the Marco polo Xmas market cruise last year and the year before. We had a very enjoyable Time on both occasions. Of course being a smaller ship there isn't as much choice in food and entertainment as you would get on the superliners, but we enjoyed some lovely meals and good shows. The ship was spotlessly clean, and the staff friendly and attentive. As long as you don't mind small cabins and (mostly) single beds, you'll be fine!

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from the Marco Polo and we had a good time.

The ship is an old one but is stable.

The level of service is good tho not as good as last year, they seem to have cut back on drinks staff in the MDR.

Entertainment is on a par with Thomson's and Fred Olsen, the clientele are on the mature side.

Just returned from the Marco Polo and we had a good time.

The ship is an old one but is stable.

The level of service is good tho not as good as last year, they seem to have cut back on drinks staff in the MDR.

Entertainment is on a par with Thomson's and Fred Olsen, the clientele are on the mature side.

Thanks for posting this. I have 2 cruises booked for September 2014, so I keep checking to see the reviews.

Archived