Discover Mexico and Chankanaab combo

bus man

We'd like to visit both Discover Mexico and Chankanaab on our upcoming visit to Cozumel. RCI has a tour to both places, and the description implies that the price includes transportation. Does anyone know if this is at a fixed time, or if you can go from the pier to Discover Mexico, and then from there to Chankanaab, and then from there back to the ship, on your own schedule?

The Discover Mexico website also lists a combo ticket. This one says that it includes admission to both parks and transportation between them. I assume that transfers to and from the ship are your own responsibility. Is the transportation between the two parks done on your own schedule, or at fixed times?

We'll be traveling with two young kids (7.5 and 5.5), so it would make a difference if one or the other of these options would use regular buses for which we would not need booster seats. I am assuming that if we use taxis, we would need to provide booster seats, correct?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

• 9 months later...
We'd like to visit both Discover Mexico and Chankanaab on our upcoming visit to Cozumel. RCI has a tour to both places, and the description implies that the price includes transportation. Does anyone know if this is at a fixed time, or if you can go from the pier to Discover Mexico, and then from there to Chankanaab, and then from there back to the ship, on your own schedule?

The Discover Mexico website also lists a combo ticket. This one says that it includes admission to both parks and transportation between them. I assume that transfers to and from the ship are your own responsibility. Is the transportation between the two parks done on your own schedule, or at fixed times?

We'll be traveling with two young kids (7.5 and 5.5), so it would make a difference if one or the other of these options would use regular buses for which we would not need booster seats. I am assuming that if we use taxis, we would need to provide booster seats, correct?

Thanks for any information you can provide!

Now that I've done it, I'm going to answer my own question. :D

We got the combo package through a private vendor. Yes, transfers to and from the ship are your own responsibility. You go to Discover Mexico first, then Chankanaab. You go through each park on your own schedule. When you're done with Discover Mexico, they'll show you into a waiting taxi and send you on to Chankanaab.

We did not need booster seats for our kids, but we did have them wear seat belts.