Breeze Itinerary Change - 1/12/14

looneyric

I knew it had to be too good to be true when I put in for my $120 price drop yesterday. Got the price drop with my itinerary; Key West, Grand Turk, Nassau. We were excited to go to KW as we have never been there; been to GT twice and Nassau 3x.

Logged onto my manager to see the price drop; it was there. But l also saw an itinerary change; Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. Went on Carnival website and it still showed original itinerary.

After 15 minutes on phone, they confirmed that change was made today and I should be getting an email. I asked if they would offer OBC for the change, she said she didn't think so but call back after I get email. She said I could probably cancel without penalty.

I just came back from land vacation in Montego Bay, so Ocho Rios doesn't excite me. I'll have to look at excursions. But I have never been to Grand Cayman and I hear the beaches are beautiful. Been to Cozumel once on land and liked that. So.....I don't know if I am pissed or not.....will discuss with wife.....I probably won't cancel.

Any chance of getting another $50 OBC out of them or am I getting too greedy???? I realize contract states changes can be made.

I knew it had to be too good to be true when I put in for my $120 price drop yesterday. Got the price drop with my itinerary; Key West, Grand Turk, Nassau. We were excited to go to KW as we have never been there; been to GT twice and Nassau 3x.

Logged onto my manager to see the price drop; it was there. But l also saw an itinerary change; Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. Went on Carnival website and it still showed original itinerary.

After 15 minutes on phone, they confirmed that change was made today and I should be getting an email. I asked if they would offer OBC for the change, she said she didn't think so but call back after I get email. She said I could probably cancel without penalty.

I just came back from land vacation in Montego Bay, so Ocho Rios doesn't excite me. I'll have to look at excursions. But I have never been to Grand Cayman and I hear the beaches are beautiful. Been to Cozumel once on land and liked that. So.....I don't know if I am pissed or not.....will discuss with wife.....I probably won't cancel.

Any chance of getting another $50 OBC out of them or am I getting too greedy???? I realize contract states changes can be made.

Itinerary changes happen all the time on cruises, and all you get when they miss a port is your port fees back when you are on the ship. (sometimes they are as low as $6.00/person on some stops)

We cruise the week after you on the 1/18/14 cruise on the Breeze and it is our 36th Carnival cruise. Itineraries are often changed on cruises especially if you book early.

One we went from a 15 day cruise ending in Rome to a 18 day cruise ending in Venice.

Many times they change ports if booking are slow hoping to get more people to book with a more enticing itinerary.

We have been on ships that change from Cozumel, Jamaica, and Cayman to St Thomas, Nassau and San Juan.

We have missed ports while cruising and one port we have booked for 5 separate cruises and never went there, it has been changed or skipped 5 separate cruises.

They have the right to change the ports, or skip the ports, change the times etc, it is in you cruising contract.

I'd actually prefer the newer ports. Grand Cayman is simply beautiful. One of my favorite ports.

Thanks for the input. The more I think about the new ports, the more I like them! We weren't even going to get off the ship in Nassau because we've been there several times. We've already starting looking at a river tube ride in Jamaica and just heading to beach in Grand Cayman.

I'm doing the same itinerary in August. I hope Key West doesn't get cancelled on my cruise because that's one of the 2 main reasons I booked the cruise. If it does I'll be disappointed but definitely won't cancel.

The newer ports are better than the old ones. Nassau sucks. Anytime you can get to Grand Cayman is a win in my book. It is absolutely gorgeous. Cozumel is always a blast and Ocho Rios is a tossup for you I guess.

You may be disappointed to miss Key West as I hear its great but you came out with the better end of the deal IMO.

Grand Cayman is one of my favorite ports. The island is clean, safe and the people are extremely friendly. Have been to Stingray City twice and wouldn't hesitate to go a third time - simply amazing!!!! BTW - do some research, there are some great private excursion companies that do this trip.

The only issue with Grand Cayman is that they don't have a pier. One time we were scheduled to stop and didn't. It looked like a beautiful day but the captain explained that there was a good possibility of a front moving through later in the day that would have made tendering dangerous. They put the port fees back into our account and made the best of our newly found sea day.

Grand Cayman is one of my favorite ports. The island is clean, safe and the people are extremely friendly. Have been to Stingray City twice and wouldn't hesitate to go a third time - simply amazing!!!! BTW - do some research, there are some great private excursion companies that do this trip.

The only issue with Grand Cayman is that they don't have a pier. One time we were scheduled to stop and didn't. It looked like a beautiful day but the captain explained that there was a good possibility of a front moving through later in the day that would have made tendering dangerous. They put the port fees back into our account and made the best of our newly found sea day.

Thanks. Sounds like Grand Cayman will be beautiful. We are both very excited now......good point regarding tendering. Glad I got FTTF with previous itinerary just for boarding; now it will pay off for a tender!

Thanks. Sounds like Grand Cayman will be beautiful. We are both very excited now......good point regarding tendering. Glad I got FTTF with previous itinerary just for boarding; now it will pay off for a tender!

Here's a recommendation for Grand Cayman: http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/tours.htm

We've done the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion several times and loved it.

I think you're getting better ports with the change.

Have fun!!

... I hope Key West doesn't get cancelled on my cruise because that's one of the 2 main reasons I booked the cruise.

Me too. I was planning to go hear Michael McCloud sing at the Schooner Wharf Bar like I always do when we stop in Key West.

We're going on the Dream in February and we'll now stop in Cozumel on both cruises.

Unlike many here, after several Stingray tours and a 10 day vacation there, Grand Cayman isn't a big draw for me. I'd rather stop in Nassau and go to Marina Village or check out the progress on Baha Mar.

Don't want to cancel. Already bought the plane tickets.

Ric, no more complaining from me. We're all gonna have a great time! Come over to our roll all on the Carnival Breeze board or join us on Facebook. We're planning a meet 'n greet.

I also was shocked and disappointed to learn by email tonight of the change in itinerary on the Breeze to Montego Bay, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman for our March 9, 2014 cruise.

My husband and I have cruised on Carnival seven times, and this is the first time we have had a total port change like this one. Usually, we have experienced changes due to approaching hurricanes. At those times, it is one port changed, not all of them.

I am not sure it I want to still take the cruise, however, I would like to see the new ship, Breeze.

While I personally love Grand Turk, I really love Cozumel and Grand Cayman! As others have said, there is so much to do in both ports. For some great ideas, visit the "Ports of Call" section of Cruise Critic.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and the Breeze!

ok i think most of the answers here are too harsh

yes changes happen, but when 3 for 3 stops get changed that is a completly differernt cruise at that point.

I am on this cruise as well and am very unhappy aobut the changes. we chose this cruise for the stops(3 we had never been to) and the ship. a class we have not yet been on. we were super excited about this trip.

now with the changes we have been to all 3 of the new stops numerous times.

we booked early saver nad have already booked our air so i am thinking we are basically screwed.

but yes cruiselines will change the itinerary but when they change to a completly different cruise...its not fair. oh i know you booked the caribbean but now you are in alaska. oh well

Archived