Changing dining from main to late

love2cruiz

Hello!

We are scheduled to have main seating (none of us has ever had main). But now we are contiplating (Spelling?) switching when we get on the ship to Late seating. Has anyone ever done this and did you have luck changing it? Does anyone know if we can change it NOW (before we go?)

Thanks!!

I agree with Sheffie. There will be plenty of people trying to change to early. I believe you can switch it with your TA, unless, your sailing is very soon or late seating is already booked up(which I highly doubt).

We have always had main seating. This time around (on the Celebrity Zenith to Bermuda 06/18/05) we were confirmed for late seating. We did NOT wish to eat at 8:30 PM, fearing we would be too full and drowsy (especially my 68 year old mother) to enjoy the night-time activities.

We went to the dining room right after lifeboat drill and the switch was done in 5 seconds flat. No questions, no concerns, NO PROBLEM. The start of a fabulous cruise with Celebrity...and our tablemates turned out to be as entertaining as the production shows :D :p

.......................another comment, we sat late this past cruise, there must have been 6-8 empty tables just in our section, she be easy to switch as main is the more popular seating.

Since you've never had main, why don't u try it..u may like it. Then if you don't, I'm sure you could change to late since many prefer the main than the late.

Personally, I don't like eating that late. But it's up to the individual. I say try it the one night and see how u like it since you've always done the late. (u have something to compare it to)

Have fun!

we had a similar dilemma last year when we wished to change from the 8:30 to the 8:00 seating. we spoke with the maitre'de the first night and he siad he would see if something could be arranged. the following morning we had a note under our door which specified our new dining time. just speak with your maitre'de the first night and hopefully he can take care of it.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Contemplating.

Your TA can put in the request, but it really depends on how full the ship is and if anyone else wants to switch to the earlier dining. I don't blame you for wanting to change, we have been stuck with early seating a couple of times and did not like it much at all.

We feel like we have to start getting ready so early for the 6 or 6:30 seating that it takes away from the enjoyment of our day. Especially me, I'm the mom and even when we have separate cabins from the kids, I have to get ready early to supervise, zip, button, tie and comb. That means, wherever we are, I have to stop what I'm enjoying and start getting myself ready by 4:30 or 5pm. When we have late seating, our whole week is so much more relaxed and we both feel we have enjoyed the ship so much more. Late seating is rather late, but we usually have a small snack around 4pm, sometimes take a nap and many times the show is before dinner, if we feel like going to that.

Archived