Colosseum to Vatican in 30 minutes? Do underground Tour after Forum?

socaltrvr

I bought tickets online for the Vatican for 2pm on our Rome day stopover. DH stated he really wanted to see the underground tour, well… great I said “DONE” unbeknown to me the one first thing in the morning was all booked up L The next available was for 12:01 pm, and forgetting all about my Vatican purchase I made over a few months ago I purchased it. I thought It would be ok if I could see the Forum or Palatine Hill before our Colosseum Tour, then take a taxi to the Vatican right after but I read somewhere that they don’t allow or give you tickets until close to your scheduled tour time!?! Has anyone tried to get into Palatine or Forum before their tour? And is it really possible to be out of the coliseum and to the Vatican within 30 mins, in a Taxi. Thanks for all your help.

You can easily get to the Vatican by taxi from the Coliseum in 30 minutes.

We did the opposite (Vatican to Coliseum) and it only took us maybe 15 minutes. There is a taxi stand right down the street from the entrance to the metro...... easy.

We did this in June.

12:01 pm underground tour, but we had a 2:00 pm Vatican tour. We did the tour from 12pm to 1pm and left. By 1 you are on the stage portion of the tour and you will miss seeing the Colosseum from the upper levels. Once you exit the Colosseum, go up the stairs and turn left at the sidewalk. Walk until you hit the 1st streetlight. Cross this street and there is a taxi stand right there with taxis waiting.

The fare will be around 13-15 Euro depending on traffic. Ride is about 20 minutes.

We thought about doing the Unground tour with the Forum our last time in Rome - we had Borgese tickets for the afternoon. If you check the website I think the tour is around 3 hours - I would not try to do the Forum and the Colleseum tour on the same day if you have anything else planned. You may want to just look at the Forum from above and do the Colleseum tour, not both.

Archived