Who does Carnival use for Dolphin Swim in Freeport?

Stevo24

Yes, I did this past Jan. was great. Nice boat ride to dolphin holding area. They try to keep you engaged by dolphin tricks until your turn to go down in the water on the platform to touch/hug the dolphins. You WILL get very wet. Nice day.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you book through Carnival or directly through UNESCO? It's a lot cheaper to book directly, but I'm not sure how they transport you. Any idea?

Also, are you in Kent Island? We're in Annapolis and leaving the 11th on the Pride.

Yes, I did this past Jan. was great. Nice boat ride to dolphin holding area. They try to keep you engaged by dolphin tricks until your turn to go down in the water on the platform to touch/hug the dolphins. You WILL get very wet. Nice day.

Book thorugh Carnival!!! You get the security of the ship not leaving you if you hit traffic or the boat breaks down.

There are waiting areas right when you dock at port. You'll see a sign that is there for your excursion. (There's shops at the port and food etc too). They tell you where to wait. Then, a litle bus comes and picks you all up. The UNEXO site is all the way across the island...takes a while to get there. It's just where you catch a boat.

Then, the boat takes you down a canal on a scenic tour. The boat captain and mate are funny too. Then, you arrive on the little island where the dolphins are. After the experience - the boat takes you back to the UNEXO building and the bus is out front waiting for you.

There are so many risks for things to go wrong...boat could break down; bus could get flat tire; there could be an accident...you never know. If you book through Carnival and something happens - the excursion people call the ship and the ship waits. If you book on your own - you are out of luck...the Pride will leave you in Freeport!!

I went out on the Pride in January and there were people who went on their own (in the Port Canaveral stop) and it was a large group going to Disney. There was an accident and the boat left them. It was over 35 people too!

Yes - I'm on Kent Island. Sailed the Pride 2 times. Going out on the Glory out of Norfolk this October for a change.

Thanks for the good info. We don't usually book shore excursions through the cruise line, but since we are only in port for a short time, I'm a little nervous about booking on our own. It's frustrating that the same excursions on our own is $85 vs. $149 from Carnival. That's a lot of money, especially when multiplied by 4!

Thanks for the good info. We don't usually book shore excursions through the cruise line, but since we are only in port for a short time, I'm a little nervous about booking on our own. It's frustrating that the same excursions on our own is $85 vs. $149 from Carnival. That's a lot of money, especially when multiplied by 4!

we to have done this excursion and we booked directly with carnival. i can tell you it is worth every penny

Archived