Galveston in March

nyc12345

Looking to purchase airfare. Do I need to worry about fog in March? What is the best time to book air so I have enough time from port to airport and also to leave room in case of weather delay (if any)? This will be my first time leaving from Galveston. Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks for the website. So there's a 42% chance of fog in March. Anyone has personal experience to share?

Don't be misled by the possibility of fog. It may, or may not, be thick enough to delay ships arriving or departing. Most often it's not.

No one can predict that. It's purely dependent on the temp to dew point relationship.

While I don't think just because there is fog that there will be delay, I have a friend who had a cruise delayed due to fog from Galveston (but she was getting on, so not as big a problem as getting off).

I want to see how much time I should budget for flight to ensure I have sufficient window in case there is a problem. Of course, even then it may be not enough if the delay is for a day or many hours.

Is it safe to assume that I shouldn't book something leaving from HOU at noon/1pm and opt for a 6pm flight instead? Those two flight options are what I am trying to decide...

It might be foggy or it might not. You are talking 8 months from now, there is just no way to tell and to worry about it is silly. The airport you fly into/out of would be more of a concern at this point when deciding on flight times.

It might be foggy or it might not. You are talking 8 months from now, there is just no way to tell and to worry about it is silly. The airport you fly into/out of would be more of a concern at this point when deciding on flight times.

Unfortunately, OP will probably have to fly United. Houston Airport will be IAH.

It's about seventy miles to Galveston. Travel time is about 1 1/2 hours, assuming you're lucky and there are no delays on I-45.

Best to take the cruise line transfer.

I agree with TruckerDave. Book the cruise and don't worry about the fog.

Archived