Venice to Athens Cruise July 23rd 2005

Picasso71

I'll be on SD 1 that week, which I believe has the identical itinerary to that of SD 2 that same week.

My experience is that more men will wear jackets than not, particularly when dinner is in the Dining Room as opposed to on deck. Others who have travelled with SD in the Med this summer can perhaps chime in with the benefit of their experiences and observations.

Hope you enjoy your cruise. I know that we are looking forward to ours.

jackets on our cruise went like this :

almost all on the first and second night, almost none on the middle nights when we ate upstairs, maybe 10 percent of those that ate in teh formal dining room on the last night - it was also very warm

You were comfortable with and without

I wore a tie one night and had to listen to some razing

You really can wear what you are comfotable in

Hi Picasso71

We were on the same cruise as Carlylecat so he has covered most points...we personally tended to eat on deck everynight except when we were invited to dine with the Captain....my partner did not wear a jacket at all except at the Captain's table...

the week before we had a completely different mix of guests...not necessarily younger but shall we say a little more party minded...and the jacket brigade was definitely smaller....

one point worth mentioning...the daily schedule says "dinner in the dining room" or "dinner on deck" as the stated norm for that day....but if you always want to eat on deck (weather permitting) just ask the Chief Steward each day and he will arrange it for you...

really jealous as you are still looking forward to your cruise and mine is over....SD is superb and every holiday is what you make it...so enjoy...

xxH

Archived