Crown to Bermuda 6/19 LOVED IT!!!!

Surfgirl

We've cruised to Bermuda several times. Also stayed at the Sonesta one time and decided cruising was the best way to go. Bermuda can be very expensive if you're not on a cruise.

We're bringing our 2 teenage boys with us. How about you?

Thank you Surfgirl for the review! I am getting more and more excited...have never cruised before but I think the smaller ship will be right for us.

One question-- is sushi available anywhere else on the ship besides Chopsticks? (You mentioned an Asian buffet in the Yacht club so I'm guessing they might serve some there?)

Thanks again,

India

Loved your review, thanks!

I'm curious as to the weather--was it hot? Cool? Am considering a future cruise to Bermuda and would be interested in how is is in May/June. Thanks!

Glad the review was helpful. I'm told the weather can be a little unpredictable in Bermuda. It was VERY hot and humid our first day in port, but was fine the rest of the week. Our last day in port, it was a grey day with a little rain. We didn't mind because we wet anyway-- in the water snorkeling!

Thank you Surfgirl for the review! I am getting more and more excited...have never cruised before but I think the smaller ship will be right for us.

One question-- is sushi available anywhere else on the ship besides Chopsticks? (You mentioned an Asian buffet in the Yacht club so I'm guessing they might serve some there?)

Thanks again,

India

Yes, at the Asian Buffet, I had a California roll, fish tempura, some sort of Chinese pork dish and fried rice. It was delicious! That was the only night I saw Sushi on the ship.

Thanks Surfgirl..............Very thorough review...........Im sure I'll be coming up with some questions.......

Now just have to decide if we want to do this with our daughter(20) or wait and just do this for the 2 of us.........My husband thinks daughter will be bored on a small ship........

So we'll do this in May(with her) or in the fall(the 2 of us)........

Glad I could help!

I don't think she'd be bored on the Crown. Don't forget that you will be at port for 3 1/2 days. But, during sea days, she could:

1. Catch some rays around the pool

2. Get a massage, facial, pedicure, manicure, or her hair done at the spa.

3. Play the slot machines (not sure if you have to be over 21?-- or is it 18?)

4. Work out in the gym

5. See the shows (they're for all age groups)

6. Shop aboard the duty free shops (there are only two-- the jewelry store and the gift shop) The gift shop is small, but has cute cruise-wear, all kinds of perfumes.

7. Dance in the disco

8. Watch kareoke (spelling?)

9. Go to the parties after the show (the Carribean party, sock hop, etc)

And of course, you'll be eating, eating, eating!!!

I'm planning to take a cruise as a wedding anniversary present for my wife and I (it's a surprise for her). I've been looking for solid reviews on the Crown because I'm planning to take it in Oct of 2005 from Philly to Bermuda. I've been to the island my self but many, many years ago and wanted my wife's first experience to be fantastic. I was beginning to wonder about the Crown (many bad reviews) until I read this review and a few thers and began to feel ok about my choice again. Did anyone try any of the Romantic packages aboard ship and also what are the shore packages like (should I book them or do my own thing)? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I want to make this trip really special.

thanks

Definately convinced that I chose the right ship for my Christmas/New Year :)

I have 2 nights in a Sheraton at Santiago de Chile before embarking on Crown for 14 nights and then 2 nights in the Sheraton at Buenos Aires, 20 nights in total with the overnight longhaul flights from the UK via Spain.

Can't wait to go :):):)

There's so much to do in Bermuda and so little time, that we didn't do any shore excursions. When we go back, we may do a catamaran/snorkel and glassbottom kiyack tour. Heard they both were good. I also heard the night-time glass bottom boat was good.

I would recommend doing the caves yourself. We did them from St. Georges-- took a bus (easy to get around). The advantage is that you get to do BOTH caves-- the Crystal Cave and the Fantasy Cave. The excursion only does one. AND, we got there first thing in the morning, and we and one other couple had the whole caves (with the tour guides) to ourselves. If you do an excursion, you'll be with a ton of people.

If you like to snorkel-- You can do the Tobacco Bay snorkel and the Dockyard Snorkel Park yourself.

I don't recommend the Dolphin Quest purely because I don't want to support this kind of treatment of animals. The dophins are kept 24 hours a day in VERY small pens and are under constant stress. Read up on it. One good site with lots of info is dolphinproject dot org. Or just google "swim with dolphins" and educate yourself on this. You can also find out some "interesting" info on the owner, as well as what happened to the dolphins during hurricane Gert.

Thanks for your reply Surfgirl,but I think we will have to go on Zenith as NCL pulled Crown to Phillie and I really want to go out of New York(have to settle for New Jersey).I never had so much trouble trying to find a cruise.This year I booked Century to Carribean and Celebrity moved the ship to Amsterdam,so we did a Baltic Cruise.

Archived