Just returned from Radiance- July 5, 2013 Southbound Alaska

Just back from the July 5th southbound Alaska cruise onboard Radiance of the Seas. Have not had time to write a full review, but will work on it very soon.

Overall this was an excellent cruise. The food was great, service excellent and the weather wound up better than forecasted. Unlike the cruise before ours, we made it to Hubbard Glacier but didn't get half as close as we had on previous cruises. One thing I did notice (quite shockingly) was the ship seemed in need of some TLC. The outside of the ship was dirty and could have used a few coats of fresh paint. Lots of rust and/or peeling paint on the balconies and exterior. Also the windows were mostly dirty and I don't think the carpets in the elevators were vacuumed all week. The rest of the ship was clean and in good repair, but it was shocking to see this vessel is not as well maintained as the others in the fleet. Perhaps their Chief of Maintenance came from Carnival? :confused::eek:. I don't mean to be picky, but am simply stating my observations.. none of the above detracted from having a fantastic week onboard.

I have made a video presentation of the cruise:

A full review to follow soon.

Archived