Taxes/fees on cruise fair

I typically book future cruises while onboard with the LA and then transfer the cruise to my TA.

The taxes and fees per person that appear on my booking confirmation match what appears on RCCL's website. However, once the booking transfers to my TA and I receive their confirmation, the fees are significantly higher, while my total cost for the cruise is always lower.

I like to check the website and watch the rate, but this makes it confusing to recognize a price drop.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Cruise fares are made up of 3 elements, Commisionable Cruise fare, which pays commission to travel agents, Non Commisionable Cruise fare, which doesn't and then port fees and taxes.

When RCI displays the prices, they include both the commisionable and the non commissionable price, and show the port fees and taxes, which are normally paid to a governmental agency, seperate.

A lot of TA's show the Commisionable cruise fare as the cruise price, and then lump the non commisionable and fees and taxes together.

It would pay to take keep a copy of the invoice from RCI that you received before transferring to your TA, this will give you a price reference for future price drops

Archived