Drury Inn, Residence Inn or Hampton Inn in NOLA

ski_mom

I've got 3 reservations and I need to make a final decision and cancel 2 of them.

I've got similar prices when I factor in parking at the 3 locations.

Just wondering the pros and cons of these 3 properties:

drury inn on Poydras

Residence Inn on S. Joseph

Hampton Inn on St Charles Ave

Thanks for any opinions!

We have only stayed at the Drury before and we absolutely LOVED it. We thought it was in a great location and we were able to walk to everywhere we wanted. The place was gorgeous as well and the added meal and drinks being included were an added plus for us and money saved in the long run.

When we went back to NOLA last December, we really wanted to stay at Drury, but the prices were sky high and we heard they were doing some construction, so we went somewhere else. We will be back there again this December and we are hoping for a better deal. :)

Another vote for the Drury Inn. We stayed there last November. Though the prices are higher this year, we will be staying there again in September.

The other two hotels look like they are in the Garden District. Don't know anything about the hotels, but I can say the the Drury is definitely closer to the French quarter if you plan on walking there. We felt perfectly safe walking to and from the French quarter day and night and it isn't really that far. But the other two hotels look like quite a distance away. So I guess it depends on if you plan to walk anywhere or if you will be driving.

We found the Drury to safe, clean, comfortable, and the employees were always very friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your help.

We settled on the Drury. I was concerned about parking because we have a luggage carrier on top of our suv. The Hampton Inn has open air parking, so we knew it wouldn't be a problem there to leave the car there during the cruise.

When we looked at Fulton parking and the port parking, it didn't seem like we were guaranteed to be able to park with the carrier. I found that Machu parking can accommodate us and we are actually going to park there while we are at the Drury too, so it should work out great!

Thanks again for your input!

how far from the airport is it? Do they have a shuttle or do you have to taxi?

Sorry talking about Drury.

It's 14 miles and about 19 minutes to Drury from the airport. :D You have to grab a cab or contract a shuttle with an outside service. :)

Can anyone suggest a shuttle service from the New Orleans airport to hotels possible the Drury. We have never been to N/O so any help would be appreciated..Then we would need shuttles to the port and with 4 ladies not sure a taxi would accommodate us all.:confused:

Thanks for any help and information..

Can anyone suggest a shuttle service from the New Orleans airport to hotels possible the Drury. We have never been to N/O so any help would be appreciated..Then we would need shuttles to the port and with 4 ladies not sure a taxi would accommodate us all.:confused:

Thanks for any help and information..

They will have taxis to accommodate 4 ladies. When we were there last year and took a taxi to the Drury we picked up our bags and headed out to the taxi area, there was a line of people waiting for taxis with someone at the head of the line asking how many people are in your party so they can be sure you get a taxi large enough to fit everyone. They had taxis, SUV's and I even saw a few vans. I'm certain I saw parties of 4 getting into suv's from the taxi line so you should be fine. The taxi rates are all listed right there. I cant remember for certain but I THINK its like $14 a person for taxi from the airport to Drury Inn. Then figure about $7 per person for a taxi from the Drury to the port on the morning of your cruise

If you don't want to take a taxi, there's Advance Checkin Service. You can google them. We used them last year when we got BACK from the cruise. They had a stand outside customs where they took all of our bags to the airport for us while we spent the morning and early afternoon in the french quarter. Then about 2-1/2 hours before our flight, a shuttle came to pick us up in the quarter and took us to the airport. I know their website lists that they will pick you up at airport PRE cruise as well. you'd have to call them for the rates for that though.

We intend to use them again after the cruise this year. We were very happy with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you will love the Drury. We stayed there for two nights on our last Carnival Cruise. The breakfast was good. The dinner was nothing to write home about, but since we ate lunch at really good restaurants during the day, the baked potato and chili dogs sufficed. They also give you 3 tickets for alcoholic drinks, and sodas are free. Don't miss Mothers, just a few blocks south of the hotel. One of the signature eating place in New Orleans for breakfast or lunch.

Just to follow up on my own post.

We did end up staying at the Drury and loved it! We drove in and went straight to Machu Picchu and Angel took us straight to the Drury after we transfered our louggage from our car to his van.

Like the previous poster mentioned, the breakfasts are great and the evening meals are ok. We ate there the first night because we arrived right around the time they were starting the meal - so it was easy and cheap!

It is very close to everything - we walked to the French Quarter and walked to a street car stop to get to the Garden District.

It was our first time in New Orleans, so I don't know about the other hotels, but I'd recommend the Drury to anyone.

Just to follow up on my own post.

We did end up staying at the Drury and loved it! We drove in and went straight to Machu Picchu and Angel took us straight to the Drury after we transfered our louggage from our car to his van.

Like the previous poster mentioned, the breakfasts are great and the evening meals are ok. We ate there the first night because we arrived right around the time they were starting the meal - so it was easy and cheap!

It is very close to everything - we walked to the French Quarter and walked to a street car stop to get to the Garden District.

It was our first time in New Orleans, so I don't know about the other hotels, but I'd recommend the Drury to anyone.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that you liked it. I think it's the perfect location for walking to places too. :)

Archived