is this balcony very windy?

sonnenschein

I just booked minisuite E719 and since it is the first balcony aft sticking out from the ships side I am wondering how windy this balcony gets while cruising the open pacific for 5 days to Hawaii from San Francisco and back again.We are usually mid ship on D deck,but I wanted to try a covered balcony and this one was the last one available on the starboard side. Thanks for your input, Gloria:)

We've sailed on the Grand, but not in that area of the ship. In the absence of a better answer, it appears the lifeboats forward of your cabin would shield you from wind. It's an educated guess at best.

Lew

Nope. It won't be as windy as a balcony on Dolphin or Caribe deck. While it appears to stick out, it's pretty protected because there's a floor-to-ceiling divider and it's covered. Here's a photo of the Sapphire of that area. It's similar on the Grand.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374012334.056009.jpg.ef5440c0c83888c47c603aef8c6ef91b.jpg

We had E722 on the Port side on the Ruby last Nov in the Caribbean, it was one of the best cabins and balconys in 25 yrs of cruising.

Emerald deck on the Grand looks the same as on the Ruby you made a great choice. 719 is the most forward cabin, the view should be outstanding. We did the Ultimate Balcony dinning for us and 2 friends and there was enought room and it was the best meal of the cruise.

Nope. It won't be as windy as a balcony on Dolphin or Caribe deck. While it appears to stick out, it's pretty protected because there's a floor-to-ceiling divider and it's covered. Here's a photo of the Sapphire of that area. It's similar on the Grand.

[ATTACH]279231[/ATTACH]

Thank you Pam, I should have known you would come thru with the answer and also thanks for the Picture. I remember you mentioning in previous posts that those cabins are your favorites. Gloria:)

Wallie lots of thanks for your info, I am looking forward to our first COVERED mini,we usually bake in the sun on D deck and I am getting to old to get roasted :confused:

Archived