Some questions regarding Coba ruins Excursion

HCE

We will be doing a Western Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean and I had a couple of questions regarding the Coba ruins tour. I am traveling with my parents who have mobility issues. My mother has a bad knee and she cannot walk long distances and my dad has been advised against doing any climbing or steep upslope. Needless to say, neither of them will be climbing the pyramid. I know that there is a taxi service from the bus to the ruins - if we have them take that, would we be able to eliminate most of the strenuous walking during the excursion? Or is there some additional walking that they will not be able to avoid.

Would Tulum be any better as regards walking - or are they more or less the same if we take the taxi service?

Thanks a lot

- HCE

Coba is by far our favorite of the two ruins. Tulum has so much "do not cross" tape and borders it has lost so much of its charm. The pedicabs at Coba will get your parents right up to everything. Plus, the way it is spread out, the ride through the jungle type trail is relaxing. Bring cold water because it is very humid

Archived