Non-Atlantis Nassau activities - Help!

TikkiTembo

I’m trying to do something different during our next trip to Nassau. We usually travel during off peak times but this time we are scheduled to be there on Thanksgiving from noon until 8pm. We typically spend the day at Atlantis via Comfort Suites but I’m ready to try something else. Plus, I can only imagine how crowded it may be plus I don’t want to break the bank. We are a family of four (me, DH, DD-15, and DD-11) and we love water activities and the beach. Whatever we decide to do I have to make sure we leave enough time to enjoy the Fish Fry again. (My 15 y.o. was mighty upset that we didn’t have enough time to go to Oh Andros when we were there in May.) I’ve read about day passes to the Sheraton but what is there really to do there and what’s included? I’m not too interested in snorkeling because I plan to do that the next day in Freeport. Any other suggestions on places to go or day passes to look into?

The $30 day pass at the Sheraton includes non-motorized sports, such as snorkeling equipment, kayaks, water bikes and rafts, and it has a large pool area and loungers on the beach. You will pass the fish fry area on your way to the Sheraton, so you could always leave the Sheraton with enough time to stop at Oh Andros before going back to the ship. You can catch a local bus (#10 jitney) for $1.25 per person each way, will drop you at the Sheraton.

I agree with Mamajules. It sounds like Sheraton would look best for you. It's the cheapest day pass option and includes beach, pool, kayaks. It doesn't include food or drinks but you can eat lunch before you head off the ship. Hang out at Sheraton until 5 or so, then take the #10 bus to the Fish Fry.

You'll probably have to cab it back to the ship from the Fish Fry because the buses will have stopped running by then.

Other options (not water related) would be to go to one of the forts or the pirate museum and then head to the Fish Fry.

Or you could go to the Fish Fry first for lunch, then walk back to the ship, stopping at Junkanoo Beach on the way. Junkanoo is a free beach (you can rent lounge chairs and buy drinks). Do a search and you'll find lots of reviews and pictures.

Archived