Flam Train

Wirral

Not really sure where to put this but as I travelled on the Infinity to Norweign Fjords decided that possible here would be correct.

I travelled on the Flam train which was described by Celebrity as a mild excursion. Yes in all fairness sitting on a train is a mild excursion and one I really enjoyed. However getting on the train had real difficulties for me. Again to be fair I am just under 5ft and therefore particularly short and I have problems with my legs. On holiday I always use my stick when ashore though I did not need it on board.

The train entrance is up 3 particularly steep ladder like steps and it was only with a heave from my husband that I actually got on board. It caused me so much difficulty that I was unhappy about alighting for the hotel stop and having the problem of getting on board again. So I asked if it was possible if I could stay aboard and go to the next and final stop and just do the return trip. The conductor was really helpful and I was able to do this as there was room on the return train.

For most people this is not a problem and the trip is really interesting but it is simply a warning that if you too have mobility problems you may have difficulty boarding this train.

Archived