Another Galveston thread

bearette

We've rented from IAH and parked the car for the week. While it ended up being about $100 more (total) than a shuttle for 4 of us-once you figure in gas and parking costs-it was far more convenient to arrive a day early and take in the sights of Galveston. It really is beautiful and the restaurants are amazing. I can sail out of any port I want to- the expensive airfares from Canada are pretty much the same to anywhere in the continental US-but I prefer both the direct flights and ship itineries out of Galveston.

Doing it again in March 2014!!!:D

Chris- I actually did look at that Princess cruise. I am in the research stages now. I like to gather prices and pick hotels as if I was going to do the trip for a few places so we can pick what we think is the best value. Since it is closer it is on the list but Disney is out since their cabin prices are higher, but traveling with kids they are great for families. ( which was why I was trying to swing it). I can do a balcony on Princess for less then an OV on Disney. Even the Bayside Port is expensive so it isn't looking likely but a final decision won't be made for a little while. ( waiting for final vacation time approval.)

Bearette: this is off topic, but I believe we cruised together before on Royal? Was it Enchantment, Voyager?? Ten cruises, getting hard to remember which is which.

We're doing Disney Wonder Oct 19 (Dis transfers as there's no cheaper way I could find) out of Galveston, so the thread attracted me, then I noticed the name.

Archived