Aqua/Conciege Class Towels

Glitter22

One of the enhancements for Aqua and Conciege staterooms is supposed to be "oversized" towels. Just back from Infinity and there is no way my towels were oversized just standard bath towels which just about covered my modesty unlike the bath sheets I'm used to at home.

I dread to think what other stateroom guests got if they were smaller than mine.:eek:

Towels are for drying off (and I've never had complaints about the ones we've had in Aqua or Concierge). The bathrobes that are provided are what you cover your modesty with. ;)

How was the rest of the cruise?

I was on the Solstice and believe me the towels were oversized for sure.

I had to ask the steward for smaller bath towels. Once I wash my hair I wrap a bath towel

around my head. I tried with the bigger towel and almost got whiplash.

I think he thought I was crazy, never really told him why I needed them.

I did use the big one after a shower though, pure heaven.

Norma

One of the enhancements for Aqua and Conciege staterooms is supposed to be "oversized" towels. Just back from Infinity and there is no way my towels were oversized just standard bath towels which just about covered my modesty unlike the bath sheets I'm used to at home.

I believe that you got what they promised, they just were not bath sheets. But then they do not promise bath sheets.

A quick check of some web sites shows that Kmart and Walmart both seem to think that an acceptable size for a bath towel starts at 27" in width and ranges up to 58" in length. Bloomingdales seems to think that a bath towel can be no narrower than 30" and can range up to 60" in length. 30" x 60" can rationally be called "oversized" in comparison with 27" X 52". Did you measure the towels on Solstice so that we have an accurate guide?

I dread to think what other stateroom guests got if they were smaller than mine.:eek:

Perhaps they buy their towels from Kmart and find them perfectly acceptable. ;)

I was on the Solstice and believe me the towels were oversized for sure.

I had to ask the steward for smaller bath towels. Once I wash my hair I wrap a bath towel

around my head. I tried with the bigger towel and almost got whiplash.

I think he thought I was crazy, never really told him why I needed them.

I did use the big one after a shower though, pure heaven.

Norma

That's interesting. We were on solstice last year and I do remember having the same experience as you when I tried to wrap my wet hair turban style. There was no chance of doing that with the hand towel this year it was about the size of two face flannels! Definitely no "oversized" towels on infinity this year.

Archived