Liquor prices...

Hawkeye1946

I have been trying to find the cost of a liter of vodka on X. I found the price for premium packages....$80-$100 for the bottle with a six pack of mixer and some snacks...YIKES!

Is it possible to buy a bottle of Stoly or Skye...and what's the cost? HAL charges $28-$30 per bottle.

Thanks!

It is cheaper to buy a premium non alc. package (which I buy because I drink gallons of bottled water and quarts of espresso), get a mocktail and add your own rum or vodka that you purchase for in-room. In the US a shot is 1 oz or 30ml. A jigger is 1.5 oz (45 ml.) I believe the bottles are 750ml so that is quite a few drinks. 25 shots or 16 jiggers. Works out to $3/shot $5/jigger. And the convenience is nice.

I do think, compared to Princess for instance, it's expensive. Princess sells it by the 375 ml size, but it's under $30 for most of the half bottles.

True, but the OP is thinking about the "in room liquor package" which you purchase (same area of the website where you find the beverage packages).

A bottle of liquor, a six pack of carbonated mixers and a package of salty snacks are delivered to your stateroom.

This can be ordered prior to the cruise, or any time during the cruise.

True, but the OP is thinking about the "in room liquor package" which you purchase (same area of the website where you find the beverage packages).

A bottle of liquor, a six pack of carbonated mixers and a package of salty snacks are delivered to your stateroom.

This can be ordered prior to the cruise, or any time during the cruise.

... and, as far as I am aware, it is cheaper to order it online in advance rather than on board because you do not pay the 15% service charge.

IMHO, and no doubt I will be flamed for this, I am actually pleased that Celebrity prices are on the high side as I am sure that it reduces the chances of people drinking too much in private and becoming antisocial.

Sue

Archived