Disappointing customer service

raftmaster1

In 2012 my wife and I took our 5th Star Clippers cruise, a trans-Atlantic on the Star Flyer from Malaga to Barbados. This was our third crossing on Star Clippers. The entire journey was done in the midst of major, intrusive, loud repairs being done to the ship. The constant noise and debris detracted greatly from our enjoyment of the trip. I wrote to Star Clippers after our journey expressing my unhappiness at the situation we had encountered. Unlike friends from Europe who were on the same voyage and who wrote to Star Clippers in Monaco, we had absolutely no response from Star Clippers US office. Our European friends were offered substantial discounts for future sailings and we never received even an acknowledgement of our letter. As we hoped to join our friends again next year for a crossing on the Royal Clipper, my wife has tried for weeks to get information from the US office of Star Clippers for a cruise our friends have already booked and the person she has been dealing with has never followed up. We love these ships but feel that the lack of customer service will likely limit our future bookings with Star Clippers. :(

Archived