Train question- Dover to Paris

We will be disembarking our cruise in Dover on August 22. We are then planning on traveling by slow train from Dover to Ashford and then taking the Eurostar to Paris. From what I understand I need to pre-book the Eurostar. Does anyone know if it's necessary to prebook the Dover to Ashford train? They have a departure every 30 minutes. The reason I am hesitant is because I am not sure exactly what time we'll be off the ship. We plan on doing self-disembarkation (in other words we carry our own luggage off the ship). The Eurostar train departs Ashford at 9:55 am.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Basil1

No, no need to pre book at all.

You can buy a non time specific train ticket online in advance which you would collect from the ticket machine at the station. I usually use http://www.thetrainline.com if i prebook. Alternately you can use the ticket machine or ticket office at Dover station. In this case I'd prob just wait and buy at station.

Once at Ashford station, go down one level either stairs or elevator, walk along the transit corridor and through a ticket checking barrier the up to the Eurostar check in (up two floors) in a Euro Disney themed lift.

Great, thanks!

Do you know how far in advance I should arrive in Ashford?

I am going to book the Eurostar today and will purchase my Dover ticket at the station.

You can buy a non time specific train ticket online in advance which you would collect from the ticket machine at the station. I usually use www.thetrainline.com if i prebook. Alternately you can use the ticket machine or ticket office at Dover station. In this case I'd prob just wait and buy at station.

Once at Ashford station, go down one level either stairs or elevator, walk along the transit corridor and through a ticket checking barrier the up to the Eurostar check in (up two floors) in a Euro Disney themed lift.

I usually use www.thetrainline.com if i prebook. Alternately you can use the ticket machine or ticket office at Dover station. In this case I'd prob just wait and buy at station.

thetrainline.com will charge a booking fee (£1.50) and an international card fee (2%). Buying online direct from the Train Operator, in this case http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk , means no booking fee but I'm not sure about a credit card fee.

Ticket should be £10.50 per person and this doesn't change if you book it in advance or buy on the day. I'd just buy it on the day

Do you know how far in advance I should arrive in Ashford?

Check in no less then 30mins before and no more then 75mins (source:- Eurostar )

Archived