What changes when doing B2B

We are taking our first B2B in May and this is the first time I have heard about linking reservations. I had better call my TA!

When I booked cruise #1 it was while onboard the Allure. We later booked cruise #2 directly through RCI and I got both cruises transferred to my TA. During the booking process with RCI the agent mentioned Choice Air and told me that since I was doing a B2B I would have to call RCI directly to arrange the flights if I wanted to use that service.

We are taking our first B2B in May and this is the first time I have heard about linking reservations. I had better call my TA!

When I booked cruise #1 it was while onboard the Allure. We later booked cruise #2 directly through RCI and I got both cruises transferred to my TA. During the booking process with RCI the agent mentioned Choice Air and told me that since I was doing a B2B I would have to call RCI directly to arrange the flights if I wanted to use that service.

The agent was correct and that is the nice feature about Choice Air. Even with booking through a TA you can still book your own flights or even do just a Quick Flight Search. And, you don't have to be on a b2b to use Choice Air. The ease of booking though Choice Air is available no matter if you are doing just one cruise or b2b cruises.

Choice Air can give you the best and lowest fares when flying internationally either one way or round trip. Flying domestic, checking flights through the various airlines will probably get you the same if not lower rate.

Since you've booked each cruise at different times, I would make sure that they are linked with the b2b desk.

The agent was correct and that is the nice feature about Choice Air. Even with booking through a TA you can still book your own flights or even do just a Quick Flight Search. And, you don't have to be on a b2b to use Choice Air. The ease of booking though Choice Air is available no matter if you are doing just one cruise or b2b cruises.

Choice Air can give you the best and lowest fares when flying internationally either one way or round trip. Flying domestic, checking flights through the various airlines will probably get you the same if not lower rate.

Since you've booked each cruise at different times, I would make sure that they are linked with the b2b desk.

Thank you. I did just contact my TA and he told me that my cruises are linked through RCI, but I will be sure to check with the service desk once onboard.

I must say that the agent I booked the second cruise through at RCI was one of the most knowledgeable and helpful RCI agents I have had the pleasure to speak with. I feel confident she made sure the cruises were linked even before the transfer to my TA. She was very aware it was a B2B. I was not surprised to find out it was already done.

We are doing a B to B next May on the Navigator and I booked on the phone with RCI. I chose the cabins at that time so I would get the same one and not have to change. The agent had to make note on the reservation that this was a B to B to connect the two.

I am still curious how this will all work on the ship.

We will have to get off in Galveston and take a taxi to Krogers to buy the 2 bottles of wine and any snacks that we think we need for the 2nd leg.

That is the only thing that is a problem.

Glad to know we can bypass those new folks getting on and not have to wait in line with them.

Archived