Arrange debarkation luggage valet onboard?

SamfromOz

We are sailing on the Solstice out of Seattle on August 9th. I would like to arrange luggage valet for our departure and same day Alaskan Airlines flight to LA (from memory I think its at 1.30 pm or thereabouts)

I have read on these boards that the LV service needs to be arranged 30 days prior. As today is 26 days prior to debarkation (in Australia! Its still 27 days prior in the USA) I thought I would just call the X Australia number and check.

They told me that the LV service (for departure only) cannot be arranged before the cruise, and has to be booked onboard. This contradicts everything I have read here, so I'm asking for advice/clarification.

To be perfectly honest, I am more inclined to believe people here over those in the X office.

Those of us outside the USA can't get our boarding passes ahead of time, and we have booked our flight independently (not through Choice Air) if that makes a difference.

So, can I arrange LV service after the (7 day) cruise has begun?

I only know how it works on Caribbean itineraries, but there, you can't sign up until you are on board. On Millie, they didn't guarantee if unless enough people signed up. They didn't, so it wasn't available. Too bad, because I is poorly advertised and promoted, most people don't even know about it. On solstice and Reflection it was available. I think you must sign up by day 4 of the cruise. It is the best deal EVER! Love cruising on past everybody who has to find their bags and lug them around. M:)

All I have ever experienced on our cruises is that Luggage Valet is booked while on board the ship. We were on the Solstice before though not in Alaska.

Our stateroom attendant provided a form to complete and delivery to Guest Service by day 4 or 5. It provide all the details of the program.

I've never experienced or read about arranging 30 days prior. If that were the case it would be an online option to sign up for.

We are booked with you on the Solstice on Aug 9th and plan to use Luggage Valet.

See you in a little over 2 1/2 weeks.

Oh! Silly me, I must have mixed something up somewhere. Great to know I can book LVS onboard.

See you very soon, RBKL. I'm looking forward to this very much. Its winter here, so looking forward to flying off to warmer climes. Leaving here and arriving Seattle on 5 August 20 hours later. In fact, we land in LA several hours before we leave Sydney...

We need to know a little more to get you a complete answer.

You say that you are going to LA. Are you staying there, or going on an International flight?

If you are staying in LA you can do Luggage Valet.

Passing through LA intransit on your way to a same-day International fight, you probably cannot do Luggage Valet.

From the Celebrity website:

Luggage Valet

Luggage Valet* is a convenient service that helps make your return travels as carefree as your cruise. On the final night of your cruise, you'll receive debarkation instructions, airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. Simply place your tagged bags outside your stateroom door and we'll do the rest. Your luggage will be taken care of so the next time you see it will be at your final destination airport's baggage claim.

*Available in select departure ports only (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Seattle, Washington; San Diego, California; and Seward, Alaska) with select airlines only.

Archived