Belfast mini cruise

Can anyone tell me which time I will be expected to board Boudicca for the mini cruise in October ?

Also is there a departure time as I would like to see her leave the port of Belfast, and I know it will be dark early evening in October ?

• 5 weeks later...

She is not leaving on a cruise on Oct 17th - she is repositioning empty to Southampton. We are due to disembark between 9 and 10 and once she has everybody disembarked I would think (though not certain) that she will leave immediately.

Try asking Fred Olsen, pref by email, as their lines are very busy today, presumably booking fly cruises. There is probably a port of Belfast website as well which will probably have times in port so try google to get that.

Fred normally embark mid afternoon, with the first meal being afternoon tea and not lunch, as is normal on P&O. You will get an embarkation time with your tickets - you can still turn up earlier, but may have to wait in the terminal until later. Gold oceans members always get priority and sometimes silver members, then they seem to allocate boarding times by deck, with the higher decks first.

The normal sailing time is about 5 or 6 pm, but remember there will be a lifeboat drill and staff will search you out to make sure you attend - I have been thwarted a couple of times with lifeboat drills sailing out of the mersey when we have embarked there. If a sailout clashes with dinner sitting you could opt out and eat in the self service, or get room service.

Enjoy my home city of Liverpool, you will dock right at the pier head so can easily walk into the town or along the water front. The newish Museum of Liverpool on the waterfront is very good too.

Cheers,

Barbara

Can anyone tell me which time I will be expected to board Boudicca for the mini cruise in October ?

Also is there a departure time as I would like to see her leave the port of Belfast, and I know it will be dark early evening in October ?

Hi Stephen

Check this on Fred's website in a few weeks and it will give you all the details http://www.fredolsencruises.com/Before-you-cruise/Before-You-Cruise/Travel-information/Check-in-Times-and-Theme-Nights/MS-Boudicca

Enjoy:)

• 5 weeks later...

I've got my tickets direct from Liverpool Cruise club, I will be boarding at 3pm and will be in the Observatory Bar by 3.10pm....Lovin it !

Just heard this morning that Boudicca has got the Norovirus on-board, she is due to dock again in Belfast tomorrow morning and will undergo a deep clean while in port. Passengers for the Norway cruise have been told to report 2 hours later than planned.

I have sailed on Boudicca before a few years ago and did get the virus myself but luckily it was on the last day and I was lucky enough to get home and go to bed right away.

For anyone boarding this vessel in the future, just follow these simple steps and you will have a good chance of survival, lol

Carry a clean tissue in your pocket to open doors and push lift buttons.

Wash your hands each time the toilet is used.

Don't shake hands with anyone.

Don't use the ice on board.

Do not put your hands near your mouth at any time.

Wash you hands at every opportunity.

If you are worried you have touched something - get your hands washed.

It really is common sense, this will not spoil anyone's holiday and remember if Boudicca's Captain will not shake hands with anyone this ship has a norovirus problem. :cool:

Stay safe and enjoy the cruise...

P.S. I will be at the bar come and join me !

Archived