Random questions on Provence and Venice

lesley_willis1971

Hello Everyone!! My mother and I are booked on a Western Mediterranean cruise next year. We've been researching as much as we can. I have some random questions I'm hoping some of your wonderful cruise fans can help me with!

Venice: Typical weather/temps in late October/Early November? Is it possible to visit Venice while staying a couple of days in Rome? If so, How best to get there and back? Pricing?

Provence: Typical weather/temps? Where do the ships dock for this particular stop? What do you recommend seeing/doing in this area? Is there a long commute from Port to the actual Provence? If so, what's the best way to get there? Doable on foot?

Thank you all in advance. I'm addicted to this site and reading everyone's posts. Always entertaining and interesting.

Lesley in Arkansas

We went through your first question last year. If you have never been to Rome, save Venice for another time and see Rome. It is not a short commute.

There are several ports for Provence. We stopped in Toulon and went to Aix en Provence. It was about an hour away. There are a number of choices from any of the ports but you probably need to take a ride.

Hello Everyone!! My mother and I are booked on a Western Mediterranean cruise next year. We've been researching as much as we can. I have some random questions I'm hoping some of your wonderful cruise fans can help me with!

Venice: Typical weather/temps in late October/Early November? Cooler weather and sometimes the Nov. rains can bring local flooding in San Marco.Is it possible to visit Venice while staying a couple of days in Rome?No...to far even by fast train. If so, How best to get there and back? Pricing?

Provence: Typical weather/temps? Where do the ships dock for this particular stop? What do you recommend seeing/doing in this area? Is there a long commute from Port to the actual Provence?Provence is a region...not a town.Depends on what your port of call is as to where you amy want to visit in the region If so, what's the best way to get there? Doable on foot?Depends on where you port and what is close by.

Thank you all in advance. I'm addicted to this site and reading everyone's posts. Always entertaining and interesting.

Lesley in Arkansas

I suggest you get Rick Steves book on Med Ports and do some reading as well as check out Google...a little homework can go a long way toa good cruise.

Archived