Dunns river falls...

La Princesa

When you enter the property, you will start your climb up the falls from the beach. It is relatively small, but still there is sand to walk on and the water to swim in. As you climb the falls, look behind you and you will see the beach down below (or at least the water).

I was gonna do an OH MY G*D on this, then I saw the posters were 5 and 25 posts . . . .

I suggest you 'search' on Dunns River Falls for a zillion other posts on this topic

For a 'quick' answer

When you enter the property you are at the TOP of the falls and if you follow the guides you first walk the stairs to the bottom of the falls aka the beach . . .

There is a beach area at the base of the falls . . . not huge, but an area

hello, I got 2 responses... one, that you start at the beach on go up and the other that you start at the top?????

Both are actually correct, depending on which detail you're interested in. The tour drops you off at the entrance to Dunn's River (which is at the top of the falls). You take a normal path /walkway to the bottom of a hill. At this point you are at the bottom of the falls near the aforementioned beach area. You don't actually get to go on to the beach -- it's further down. (At least our group didn't). At this point you go out into the river / falls and go up the falls -- stopping at different points along the way for pictures and/or to take a dip in a shallow pool. So, you could say your tour officially starts at the top of the falls, but the actual hike up the falls starts at the bottom of the falls. Makes sense?

• 1 month later...

You can easily walk down to the beach, but, the "hired" guides don't all take their group to the beach; some start the climb just short of the beach.

When you arrive at the park, you are near the top of the falls. You have to climb down the hill (on the path/sidewalk) to get to the start of the climb.

We just visited, 8/7/13 and wanted to see the beach. We had climbed the falls before, so before we started, we went all the way down to the beach. The beach is actually quite nice, if not very wide. We climbed the falls twice this time, and between climbs, we swam in the ocean.

We didn't use a guide - we knew we didn't need a guide because were all in fairly good shape and had some strong folks who could help the rest of us.

Archived