New Carnival Excursion in Nassau

Clt9488

Hello!

There was not much information on this on the Nassau board and I think it may be Carnival exclusive so I thought this might be a better place...

I am looking for an excursion for Nassau - we've already done the Hilton so we are between the Sheraton day pass and the Balmoral Island Beach Day on Carnival's website.

Sheraton is $60 with lunch no transportation Balmoral is $49 with transportation no lunch. So to me the price is about the same.

Has anybody done the Balmoral Island beach day? There are no reviews on Carnival's site and I do not recall it being listed as an excursion the last time I looked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hello!

There was not much information on this on the Nassau board and I think it may be Carnival exclusive so I thought this might be a better place...

I am looking for an excursion for Nassau - we've already done the Hilton so we are between the Sheraton day pass and the Balmoral Island Beach Day on Carnival's website.

Sheraton is $60 with lunch no transportation Balmoral is $49 with transportation no lunch. So to me the price is about the same.

Has anybody done the Balmoral Island beach day? There are no reviews on Carnival's site and I do not recall it being listed as an excursion the last time I looked.

I'd like more info on this too! After 2 days, I am JUST now able to view the excursions on the Carnival website. I don't think I saw this excursion on there earlier and I'd definitely like to know more about it as well and how it compares to the Sheraton. Our Nassau day was completely planned but uhhh.. I'm not great at Geography and soooo.. we are replanning..and need to figure out something soon lol. :o

We went ahead and booked it! Guess we'll just have to find out when we get there! I did a little research and it looks like Sandals occupies the other side of the island so I'm sure it will be beautiful.

As I've mentioned we've done the Hilton before and really enjoyed it but I like to try new things.

We're doing an all inclusive in Jamaica and just hanging out in Grand Turk but I always need to plan something for Nassau.

I'm pretty sure Balmoral Island used to be called Blackbeard's Cay. The cruise ships used to have excursions there where you could do a beach day and/or stingray adventure. I looked at the pictures for Balmoral Island and it looks like some upgrades have been done.

We went ahead and booked it! Guess we'll just have to find out when we get there! I did a little research and it looks like Sandals occupies the other side of the island so I'm sure it will be beautiful.

As I've mentioned we've done the Hilton before and really enjoyed it but I like to try new things.

We're doing an all inclusive in Jamaica and just hanging out in Grand Turk but I always need to plan something for Nassau.

I am so tempted to book it as well! I'm showing it to the hubby right now. I, like a dummy, had everything planned to go to Gold Rock. I was so excited and then realized..COMPLETELY different island. :eek::mad::(

This is our 10 year anniversary and belated honeymoon (plus my birthday) trip so we really want something special and relaxing for our last stop before heading home to the kiddos and the chaos. Out of all of our stops, Nassau seems to be the hardest for to plan! Maybe this excursion could be it lol. It looks gorgeous. Please post a review when you get back!:D

I think Breezes Resort has an AIl Inclusive for $65pp. Someone on our Rollcall mentioned they were doing that when our cruise stops in Nassau. We have done several land vacations to Nassau and I like the beaches on the Cable Beach side of Nassau.

Hello!

This shore excursion is not showing up under my shore excursion options in Nassau. =(

I can see this excursion for our September cruise.

It keeps displaying the Duration time as ONE Hour. It has to be a mistake.. I hope:D

For those who booked it what duration time is showing on your confirmation page?

TIA

I can see this excursion for our September cruise.

It keeps displaying the Duration time as ONE Hour. It has to be a mistake.. I hope:D

For those who booked it what duration time is showing on your confirmation page?

TIA

It's showing as an hour but it says you can come and go at your leisure. I'll be sure to post a review on it when we get back. :)

It's showing as an hour but it says you can come and go at your leisure. I'll be sure to post a review on it when we get back. :)

Will be all waiting for your review!:)

Edited by Aldeya

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We just got off the Ecstasy on Saturday and we did the Balmoral Beach Day/Dolphin Encounter. We really enjoyed it! The only down side I thought was it seems to take a while to get there. Our tickets said to be on the pier at 10am so we were there even a little before that and we turned in our tickets for wristbands. Different colors were for if you were doing the beach day, the dolphin encounter, the dolphin swim, or the sting ray encounter. After a while they told everyone to follow them and we walked quite a ways across from the Straw Market to get on a boat to take us to the island. The boat took about 30 minutes. The island itself I thought was really pretty. Beach chairs set up everywhere and a bar and a place to get food - the food was pretty expensive. There was a DJ and he was getting people to dance - at one point he handed out free shots and got people to play adult musical chairs :) We had great weather the day we were there which helped but we enjoyed it. The dolphin encounter was really neat. It's expensive and not something I'd want to do again but I was so glad we did it once!!

Carnival has worked with a developer to renovate Balmoral Island. You can use your Sign and Sail card on the island (allegedly) and book additional things (dolphin swims, etc) once you get to the island. Half of the beach area is BI and the other half is Sandals.

We didn't do the excursion, but our dinner mates did and enjoyed themselves. Their only negative comment was that the drinks were a bit pricier than on the ship and their glad they bought lunch as part of their excursion.

Here are some articles about the island

Travel Weekly

Tribune (Local Nassau Paper)

We just got off the Ecstasy on Saturday and we did the Balmoral Beach Day/Dolphin Encounter. We really enjoyed it! The only down side I thought was it seems to take a while to get there. Our tickets said to be on the pier at 10am so we were there even a little before that and we turned in our tickets for wristbands. Different colors were for if you were doing the beach day, the dolphin encounter, the dolphin swim, or the sting ray encounter. After a while they told everyone to follow them and we walked quite a ways across from the Straw Market to get on a boat to take us to the island. The boat took about 30 minutes. The island itself I thought was really pretty. Beach chairs set up everywhere and a bar and a place to get food - the food was pretty expensive. There was a DJ and he was getting people to dance - at one point he handed out free shots and got people to play adult musical chairs :) We had great weather the day we were there which helped but we enjoyed it. The dolphin encounter was really neat. It's expensive and not something I'd want to do again but I was so glad we did it once!!

Thanks for reporting back on this. Many of us have been wondering.

LuLu

~~~~

• 2 months later...

Went with girlfriends on this excursion. Left directly from the boat at 12:00 on what was supposed to be a 4 hour excursion. Lunch was included, which wasnt bad,but nothing to get excited about. Our boat left us stranded on the island 1 1/2 hours past the time it stated on the Carnival itinerary, because they unloaded goods on the dock and spent way too long clearing a space for passengers. Drinks were weak and WAY over priced (12.50). D.J. only played club/hip hop music even after I tried to bribe him to play something more "tropical". Ended up getting back after 5:30 and had dinner plans on the ship for 6:00 (which didn't leave us much time to get ready for elegant night). The boat ride there and back was fun, but was bored and felt "trapped after 2 hours. There was no way to expleore the island and no way to bring your own libation.

:confused:

I'm pretty sure Balmoral Island used to be called Blackbeard's Cay. The cruise ships used to have excursions there where you could do a beach day and/or stingray adventure. I looked at the pictures for Balmoral Island and it looks like some upgrades have been done.

So has anyone experienced Balmoral Island yet? I booked it for my September cruise but was wanting to hear more about it before I go.