German lock strike. On board the Scenic Jewel

lindaann

Hello,

We are on board the Scenic Jewel. Left Budapest yesterday on our way to Amsterdam. We had a briefing this morning and due to the German lock workers strike we will be swapping ships on Friday while we are on tour. When we come back to the ship on Friday it will be a different one, the Scenic Sapphire

The staff on the Scenic Jewel have been as open and forthcoming as I believe they can at this moment however I strongly suspect that this will not be our only ship swap.

The staff on Scenic claim because of the number of ships they have on this route ship swapping will be easy and that we will not have to deal with any hotels. We do not yet know of any extended bus drives to wherever. We will have to see what happens over the next few days. The whole situation is very frustrating.

One of our major objections is the packing and unpacking which as a chronic overpacker will be a total pain. One of the reasons we choose cruising is because packing is not something we like to do!!!!

A word about the staff and Scenic Jewel. The ship is absolutely first class. The cabins are quite spacious and the public areas are lovely.The staff are excellent. It is the situation that is inconvenient and concerning.

If you have any questions I will try to answer them when I can.

Linda

We would appreciate your keeping us updated on the strike situation. We board an AMA ship, Budapest to Prague, on Aug. 6. We are hoping the strike will be settled by then, but it is out of the cruise line's control, so we are interested in hearing how the different lines are handling it. We also don't want to have to pack up and move. Make the best of it and enjoy your trip.

Archived