Celebrity Century Wine Cruise September 26 2013

Euronman

Wow...we are neighbors...I live in Orlando area/Altamonte Springs :)...I think I am going to book it on Monday, as the price is irresistible and so are airfares (currently $335 from Orlando round-trip). I will be travelling solo...:o

Are you going to stay in Vancouver before?

Cheers, Andre (Ady)

Hi Andre,

We are still making our plans. Flying into Seattle then probably taking a bus to Vancouver. If we do this, we will have two nights in Vancouver. Still planning...Looking forward to meeting.

That reduction is due to Celebrity's Happy hour pricing for Tuesday and Wednesday only.

Jut booked it today at this low price !!!

Now I have to book hotels in Vancouver and San Diego.

We like to be close to the port and have airport shuttle included in hotel rate. Any suggestions from anyone out there ?;)

Vacationtogo reduced again.

Hello,

Do you know about hotel options in Vancouver close to the port ? I am Kay...Jim and I will be enjoying this cruise.

;)

Good evening Kay and Jim,

I missed the happy hour by one day and Celebrity would not adjust the fare, although I am an Elite member. Downtown Vancouver is not that big - it's a walking city and I suggest you stay in the Center. The port is at the edge of downtown, not really far...

Vancouver has amazing hotels, some of them are very expensive. Look at tripadvisor.com for hotel recommendations and keep checking prices, as some of them change daily. I booked the Holiday Inn Downtown for Sep 24 for 2 nights as I got a special discount through a colleague...I read pretty good comments on the hotel and it is centrally located. Many years ago, I stayed at the Hyatt and it was great. It was 10-minute taxi from the port.

San Diego is also a "condensed" city and the downtown hotels could be pricey. I would also suggest looking at tripadvisor.com for recommendation. If you stay in the downtown and you have a car, the parking rates in all the hotels are very high.

Best regards,

Andre (will be travelling solo)

We are two couples taking this cruise. It will be our first cruise on Celebrity although we are long time cruises. Usually cruise with Princess and have Elite status there so this is going to be difficult not having any "perks." Have transferred some cruise credits from Royal Caribbean, but looked at the status and it only gives us discounts on internet, laundry etc. We are doing post cruise on own, renting a car in San Diego and going to the zoo, then flying out for a couple days of r and r in Vegas, then home to PA for us, Ohio for our companions. Does anyone out there know if there are laundry facilities on the Century or are we locked into laundry as a service (expensive one) from the ship. Has anyone been on the Century before?

We are two couples taking this cruise. It will be our first cruise on Celebrity although we are long time cruises. Usually cruise with Princess and have Elite status there so this is going to be difficult not having any "perks." Have transferred some cruise credits from Royal Caribbean, but looked at the status and it only gives us discounts on internet, laundry etc. We are doing post cruise on own, renting a car in San Diego and going to the zoo, then flying out for a couple days of r and r in Vegas, then home to PA for us, Ohio for our companions. Does anyone out there know if there are laundry facilities on the Century or are we locked into laundry as a service (expensive one) from the ship. Has anyone been on the Century before?

No laundry facilities on Century or any Celebrity ships - they do have coupons for Elite status guests. Have been on Century many times, so ask away.

Come on over and join us on the main Celebrity Rolls Calls and see what is going on - Sail Away, Slot Pull, etc.

Ginny

• 3 weeks later...
Good evening Kay and Jim,

I missed the happy hour by one day and Celebrity would not adjust the fare, although I am an Elite member. Downtown Vancouver is not that big - it's a walking city and I suggest you stay in the Center. The port is at the edge of downtown, not really far...

Vancouver has amazing hotels, some of them are very expensive. Look at tripadvisor.com for hotel recommendations and keep checking prices, as some of them change daily. I booked the Holiday Inn Downtown for Sep 24 for 2 nights as I got a special discount through a colleague...I read pretty good comments on the hotel and it is centrally located. Many years ago, I stayed at the Hyatt and it was great. It was 10-minute taxi from the port.

San Diego is also a "condensed" city and the downtown hotels could be pricey. I would also suggest looking at tripadvisor.com for recommendation. If you stay in the downtown and you have a car, the parking rates in all the hotels are very high.

Best regards,

Andre (will be traveling solo)

Hey Andre,

Thanks for responding. Good for you for cruising solo...I did a considerable amount of solo travel before I met Jim. I always loved the serenity of solo travel.

We booked a room at the Westin at the airport since we get in late. I got a great corporate rate and we always sleep so well in those "Heavenly" beds at the Westin ! They are awesome. We will sleep in and after eating breakfast we can make our way to the port. I am reading that we can board around noon.

Just 13 more days and we are on a plane.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Andre,

Thanks for responding. Good for you for cruising solo...I did a considerable amount of solo travel before I met Jim. I always loved the serenity of solo travel.

We booked a room at the Westin at the airport since we get in late. I got a great corporate rate and we always sleep so well in those "Heavenly" beds at the Westin ! They are awesome. We will sleep in and after eating breakfast we can make our way to the port. I am reading that we can board around noon.

Just 13 more days and we are on a plane.

Thanks for your reply. I am leaving very early on Tuesday and will stay in Vancouver for two nights. I hope to see you on board...I can not recall my cabin number, as I am not at home now, but I think I am on the 8th or 9th floor.

Are you Elite? if so, maybe we can have a happy hour drink together?

Ady

Archived