Oversold cruise

Juju83

Hi,

We are leaving on this coming Monday, and have just been offered a deal to change cruises with 50% money back. My TA said it may be because the cruise is oversold. Anyone know anything about this?? Does this mean they have 'double booked' some cabins and some people will miss out?

Hi,

We are leaving on this coming Monday, and have just been offered a deal to change cruises with 50% money back. My TA said it may be because the cruise is oversold. Anyone know anything about this?? Does this mean they have 'double booked' some cabins and some people will miss out?

it means what your TA said thats its oversold and they offer people good deals to change their mind and do another cruise but you dont have to take the offer, if people say no the deal gets better until they have enough takers

Hi,

It's not likely specific cabins are double booked, but it usually arises because they have taken too many guarantees for the number of cabins available. It can also be due to other issues as well though.

In a way, people will miss out, but it's unlikely anyone will be forced. They just increase the offers til they get enough takers.

It's not likely specific cabins are double booked, but it usually arises because they have taken too many guarantees for the number of cabins available. It can also be due to other issues as well though.

In a way, people will miss out, but it's unlikely anyone will be forced. They just increase the offers til they get enough takers.

I inquired about an upcoming 11 night P&O cruise advertised on special for $849 twin ocean view. When I rang the lady, she stated that the cabin was available also for $749, but was not guaranteed. She stated that it was like a "Stand By" and you would most likely get the cabin. Not willing to take the gamble this time. I opted for the $849 guarantee. Looks like a great deal if you are flexible.:)

Thanks for the replies :)

We aren't able to take up the deal as we are taking our kids, and have time off work, but it does look pretty good! I have never had this kind of offer before so wasnt sure what it all meant!

I inquired about an upcoming 11 night P&O cruise advertised on special for $849 twin ocean view. When I rang the lady, she stated that the cabin was available also for $749, but was not guaranteed. She stated that it was like a "Stand By" and you would most likely get the cabin. Not willing to take the gamble this time. I opted for the $849 guarantee. Looks like a great deal if you are flexible.:)

We have just book and paid for a 10 night for $699, same thing, but we were not offered a guaranteed cabin. I will take our chances with the lowest grade and see what happens.

School holiday times and lots of kids may put people off.

Now, can anybody tell me what the rates for the sauna are on the Jewel.

Thanks

Archived