First Cruise to Bermuda - NCL!

JC5240

Hey everyone!

I'm going to Bermuda on Norwegian's Breakaway this Sunday, and I have a few things planned...I'm trying to make the most of our time so we can do everything that we want to do (my cousin and I are going).

We have a couple of excursions planned and I was hoping for some advice with regards to making the most out of the island while we are in port.

Our first is the kayaking excursion from 9 - 12:30pm. After that, we planned on exploring St. George. Is it easy to get around to do a self-guided tour? What time do things usually close (shops, etc)? I saw that the last ferry may leave St. George at 5:15pm to head back to the dockyard, which would be a bit too early to come back for us. Is there a bus that could take us back, say around 8 or 9pm?

The next day we are doing a snorkeling adventure from 9 - 12:30, heading back to the ship, and then we have a night Bermuda triangle excursion planned that evening at 8pm. In between the two excursions, we planned on exploring a bit, but due to time constraints, not exactly sure where we should go. Any suggestions? Maybe tour the dockyard and stay local? Someone in another board suggested going to the lighthouse. Is that doable? I think with changing, eating, and all of that good stuff, we'd really only have about 5 solid hours to explore, having to stay somewhat local for the 8pm excursion.

Friday since we leave ( :( ), we didn't plan any excursions. We plan on getting up rather early and heading down to the beach and spending the day there. What time does public transportation usually run? We leave Bermuda at 5pm...what is the absolute latest we could be back on the ship?

Also, has anyone gone to Bermuda during their Emancipation holiday? Is there anything that we should expect (things closed, crowds, etc)?

Thank you so much for all the advice you may have! We opted for the UBP, and cannot be more excited to get there and explore the beauty that is Bermuda!!!

Cheers!

-John.

I personally return to the ship no later than 2 hours before sail away - I might even make it 3 hours. We're doing the same cruise next year; we'll probably keep pretty close to port that last day. Google "cruise ship runners", you might end up feeling the same way ;)

Archived