Princess Ship offered Catamaran Tours

CruisinFinsUp

Hi,

I've read a lot here about the private tours - thanks everyone for the info.

But I'd like to hear about the Princess catamaran tours so I can compare -

There are currently 2 offered for our sailing -

SLU-100 - bus / catamaran - 7+ hours - Sulpher springs, pitons, cruise, lunch - catamaran holds 120 persons

SLU-105 - all catamaran - 4 hours - Pitons, Marigot Bay, cruise, beach, "snack", catamaran holds 120 persons.

Has anyone on here taken one of the Princess tours? If so, could you please give a short description of it? Also, what food / drink were included?

We took a Tiami cruise in Barbados with a 55 person cat, thru Princess, so I understand that the St. Lucia cat will be bigger and have more passengers.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We have done both or similar to both several times over the years with Princess. The 7 hour trip is great but consider if you want any time to shop at the port. You will probably only have a very short time if any after your excursion. The full day excursions in St Lucia frequently run late...island time you know:D. The lunch was at a plantation in a covered outdoor venue that was all local foods. DH is extremely picky but even he enjoyed it. The "drive up" volcano is cool but there is a bit of walking to get to it from the bus. The good news is the walk is down hill to the volcano. The bad news s you have to walk back up! Not really steep though. There are lots of things to see as you drive. There is an excursion that combines the botanical gardens with the rest. The gardens are beautiful but the hike is not as scenic. There is a stop at the overlook and you can see Castries and the ship. There is a small craft area that sells local items as well as local food things. The banana ketchup makes a great gift to bring home. You will also have a short time to shop in an outside market in the fishing village. The restrooms there are kind of weird but have always been clean. tip for all the islands: keep a travel size pack of tissues handy and some hand sanitizer. The catamaran is quite large and I have never felt crowded on it. I think there was punch served/available. The one trip had a swim as well. It was short but nice. We took the four hour sail past the pitons to a black beach. It was really nice but....the sand was HOT! I really don't remember snacks but St Lucia likes you to try their local food so it might have been banana bread. Last fall we did the snorkeling trip and we really enjoyed it. We are headed out again with Princess in November and are trying to decide what to do. Happy Sailing!:)

We've done various things in St. Lucia over the years. Some involved bus tours and have no desire to do it ever again ... but, if it's your first visit, you might want to.

Actually have been on SLU-105 and enjoyed it. Very pretty and easy way to view St. Lucia and see the Pitons and other places of interest by water. :)

The cat never seemed crowded to us and I was always able to move around to be in the shade.

The black beach stop was fine. That black sand does get very hot and sticks to everything. White sand sticks too ... but you really notice it with black sand.:rolleyes:

On the return trip they had some snack things like cheese & crackers, etc. Also, rum punch and we could buy beer. Music was playing ... people were dancing.

Not a wild & crazy thing ... just fun. :D

LuLu

~~~~

Archived