Elegant but active

infinitelysnow

I have not been on a cruise since I was 16, but I have been looking to take one for the past few years. I am 33 now and would like to be pampered with great food and an upscale atmosphere, but do not want to be one of the youngest people on the ship. From what I have seen, I think I would like to go on a ship with other singles, but not a singles group. Is this too much to ask? Any suggestions?

The only ship that has only other singles is Windjammer, and I wouldn't say that it has an upscale atmosphere. The reason so many of us go with a singles group, is because we can hang with other singles around our age. If you go on a regular cruise, you may luck out and meet some single cruisers, depending on when you cruise, May to Mid-September is not a good time, school's out. Single's cruises have gotten a bad rap as being a Hedonisim of the sea, but this isn't true. There are those cruisers that try to MAKE it true, but most go because they like to travel and can't find anyone to go with them, or are looking for love. Some find love, but many find friendships that last. You'll find alot of repeat cruisers with singles groups (I'm going on #5 over Halloween). The some from the group I usually go with having a Reunion/Pre-cruise party in Vegas this year. So my suggestion is to look around before you decide against the singles group.

Dana

• 2 weeks later...
The only ship that has only other singles is Windjammer, and I wouldn't say that it has an upscale atmosphere. The reason so many of us go with a singles group, is because we can hang with other singles around our age. If you go on a regular cruise, you may luck out and meet some single cruisers, depending on when you cruise, May to Mid-September is not a good time, school's out. Single's cruises have gotten a bad rap as being a Hedonisim of the sea, but this isn't true. There are those cruisers that try to MAKE it true, but most go because they like to travel and can't find anyone to go with them, or are looking for love. Some find love, but many find friendships that last. You'll find alot of repeat cruisers with singles groups (I'm going on #5 over Halloween). The some from the group I usually go with having a Reunion/Pre-cruise party in Vegas this year. So my suggestion is to look around before you decide against the singles group.

Dana

Windjammer is certainly NOT the only ship that has singles! I sail solo often and there are almost always singles aboard. I do not go to meet other singles as I enjoy the cruise experience itself and enjoy meeting all types of people so you need to consider whether your .

Upscale and active are a difficult combo IME. I chose RCI's Radiance class for those reasons but if you are looking to meet singles Voyager class attracts the most on that line. Celebrity is upscale but more low key and there will likely not be a lot of singles your age aboard.

I would stay away from Carnival if you are looking for upscale. I am very active and appreciate good food, service and nightlife. RCI meets all those needs for me pretty consistently.

I would suggest RCCL Voyager class. There is so much going on and such a diverse crowd you could not go wrong. On our Cruise Critic group cruise on the new Freedom for next Oct. we have a few singles signed up for this sailing. When you get time try to check us out!!!

Jan

Archived