Miami Cruise - Fort Lauderdale Flight - Can I make 12:45 Return Flight?

Loves_Dogs

I am cruising out of Miami but due to airline prices am flying from Fort Lauderdale. Ship is supposed to dock at 8:00, can I get from the ship in Miami to Fort Lauderdale to make a 12:45 flight? The next option is a 4:00 flight.

Good Luck! I was on the Carnival Valor week of May 22 and made it to the Miami Airport for 12 Noon...it took almost 2 hours to go from the ship to the airport...reason being massive delays in people waiting to be interviewed by US Customs/Immigration Officers...this happens before you get out of the terminal to get your luggage.

I think you will have a problem making that flight in FT Laud unless your are some sort of VIP passenger and get special treatment from the cruise line:cool:

I am cruising out of Miami but due to airline prices am flying from Fort Lauderdale. Ship is supposed to dock at 8:00, can I get from the ship in Miami to Fort Lauderdale to make a 12:45 flight? The next option is a 4:00 flight.

u will be ready for a very large & very strong drink as your stress-o-meter will be pegged! :eek:

Being the first people of-- having your car service waiting.. do NOT take the cruiselines shuttle. Hoping no traffic. (it does take 40minutes or so to get there.) hoping no problems with the ship clearing customs.

What are you choices for next flights?

For a cruise based in Miami.. we were the last off the ship at 10:30 took our good ole time getting off... we were at the airport by 11:30. So if you are able to get off with the first rush of passsengers you could make that flight. Take your tickets to the pursers desk the night before and ask for prioty tags.

Being the first people of-- having your car service waiting.. do NOT take the cruiselines shuttle. Hoping no traffic. (it does take 40minutes or so to get there.) hoping no problems with the ship clearing customs.

What are you choices for next flights?

For a cruise based in Miami.. we were the last off the ship at 10:30 took our good ole time getting off... we were at the airport by 11:30. So if you are able to get off with the first rush of passsengers you could make that flight. Take your tickets to the pursers desk the night before and ask for prioty tags.

agree with serene, if all well you should be okay, we have done the same a few times, but what if.....

Just be prepared that you could miss your flight and don't blame it on the cruise line because they should have done this or that. The FLL airport can be a madhouse (wait...it is a madhouse) on Sunday's. You have cruise pax from FLL and MIA passing through, depending on the # of ships you can figure they probably process 10-20k pax in a short time. Likely close to 30k+ time you add the folks coming in preparing to cruise that afternoon.

We have been fortunate going through FLL but anything can happen.

Well Jel-- You just had an awesome vacation and it could get ruined by the stress of trying to catch that flight... Now take your time with breakfast. and be one of the last people off the ship. Take a walking tour and visit the different cat cabins- the doors will be opened so you can take a peek. Taking one of the last shuttles to the FLL airport... still be plenty early enough where you can "sit around the airport and jsut wait.

Go with the 4:00 flight, definately. Why end your cruise being stressed on whether you will make it to the airport or not. If you are anything like me, my worrying would begin at least the day before ;) . Take your time, have breakfast on the ship, let all the others scramble out before you, then just waltz out and take your time getting to the airport - where all the 'real fun' begins.

I know that waiting in the airport is not fun, but I would take the 4:00 flight.

Like Mark, we had an experience where someone did not show up for immigration so disembarkation did not begin until after 11:30 AM. We were the first off and barely made our 12:30 flight from Miami. This does not happen often, but it can, so is it worth the stress of taking the earlier flight?

Have you considered taking a shore excursion for the afternoon where they take you to the airport at the end?.

I need to look into an excursion in the afternoon. That would be better than sitting and waiting. Any suggestions? I went ahead and took the 4:00 flight, so if anyone has any ideas what my son and I could do please share. Thanks to everyone for their help & sharing their experience, it definitely helped me in making my decision.

Archived