a price drop & a little better cabin!!

I booked a 7 night cruise on Freedom of the Seas for December 8th back in the beginning of May. At that time I booked a guarantee inside stateroom at $579.00pp . A day later I received my stateroom number. 6407, category Q, the very last aft inside cabin on deck 6. Okay, not too bad, I thought. Well On Wednesday, while checking for price drops, as I do every day, twice a day, I noticed a price drop for the inside guarantee, category Z (which was not an option when I originally booked) for $499.00pp

I called my TA immediately, and she gladly adjusted the price for me since it was before final payment. YAY!! My persistence finally paid off!! The only thing was I lost $50.00 of my $100.00 OBC, but my final payment is now$160.00 less. Today, I received my stateroom assignment. Cabin 6685. Still aft, but not as far aft as my original cabin. I know it's not all that much, but it will definitely buy a few foo-foo drinks around the pool.

I was also surprised at how quickly I was assigned a cabin after booking on both occasions.

I booked a 7 night cruise on Freedom of the Seas for December 8th back in the beginning of May. At that time I booked a guarantee inside stateroom at $579.00pp . A day later I received my stateroom number. 6407, category Q, the very last aft inside cabin on deck 6. Okay, not too bad, I thought. Well On Wednesday, while checking for price drops, as I do every day, twice a day, I noticed a price drop for the inside guarantee, category Z (which was not an option when I originally booked) for $499.00pp

I called my TA immediately, and she gladly adjusted the price for me since it was before final payment. YAY!! My persistence finally paid off!! The only thing was I lost $50.00 of my $100.00 OBC, but my final payment is now$160.00 less. Today, I received my stateroom assignment. Cabin 6685. Still aft, but not as far aft as my original cabin. I know it's not all that much, but it will definitely buy a few foo-foo drinks around the pool.

I was also surprised at how quickly I was assigned a cabin after booking on both occasions.

Good move!

When you are on that cruise in December, either book your next cruise or buy a Next Cruise certificate. That will give you OBC on your following cruise that your TA can't reduce.

:D

Once your cabin is assigned you can check available staterooms in that category and if you find one that is in a better location get your TA to switch cabins.

I've been following that week in December because we were originally booked on Adventure that week, (chose Jewel in Nov due to our schedules instead) and the prices keep going down. Seems they are having a tough time with a late Thanksgiving weekend- a 7 day cruise that close to Christmas without being an actual holiday time, is a tough sell I guess! Wish we could have made it- had a corner aft balcony and I would have had a massive price cut, but can't do it! Ill have to be happy with the early booking price I got on my corner aft balcony on Jewel instead;)

Enjoy your price drop!:D

Archived