customer service Avalon

hcross888

After our Paris- Normandy cruise with Avalon, I left an extended comment on the Avalon website about what I loved about our cruise. I did not really think about this until today when I received a letter from Avalon/Globus.

I was very impressed with the letter as it addressed all of my compliments specifically. It also addressed my one tiny criticism (that the hotel did not know where the cruise was meeting up until 9 AM), and I didn't think that was a huge deal, just an FYI for the cruise line.

It is a good feeling to get customer support like this. :)

I'm glad to hear about the follow-up by Avalon! I think in an environment where there are many choices, i.e. lots of different lines doing the same itinerary - each line has to find a way to differentiate themselves from all the others.

On HUGE way is to provide exceptional customer service. It costs the line relatively nothing, but "buys" them loyal customers and many new ones (who read things like this and compare them to the customer service complaints from other lines). Cheap prices only get you so far, and in an expensive market (such as river cruising) people expect a certain level of customer support.

If any line reps actually read this thread, you might pass it up the line.......I've been reading these boards for some time and the subject that comes up over and over again is - anyone can do a good job when things go well...the true worth of a company is how good of a job do they do when things get bad!!!!!

Archived