RSSC Alaska Cruisers

gf

In past years, I have read of the excellent naturalist onboard the Mariner for Alaska. I don't think anyone has mentioned this for this year; any comments?

Thanks!

Although I don't remember his name, we had a naturalist on board for the June 15-22 sailing. I found him interesting. He communicated during the cruise when something interesting was spotted and held a few sessions in the main theater. The in cruise communications were broadcast in public areas only. If you wanted to listen to him in your room then you could do so via the TV.

Just left the Mariner yesterday and Terry Breen was our on-board naturalist. She was fantastic! It sounded like she may be on board for the remainder of the summer, as she mentioned going to the Aleutians this fall after the Alaskan season.

Great news, Alli!

That's the name I've been looking for, just because I've read excellent reports.

When you've recuperated, I hope you'll share your experiences; we are boarding 7/20.

Thanks all!!

Terry is so well versed that you will enjoy her knowledge of all things Alaska (and Panama Canal too) but she also is not intrusive and her delivery of commentary over the PA system is very well done. You will also be able to see from the TV in your room and from your balcony too.

I hope she will be on again on Aug 30, 2006. I will be on the Mariner Alaska that sailing.

Thanks for all the input!

Charleylake, when you recuperate, hope you'll give us a review of your highlights, excursions, etc. Have not been on Mariner, only Navigator, so am sure there are some "tips" abou the ship as well!

Thanks!

Archived