Jewel of the Seas July 6-13 --- First RCi Cruise

The most effective way to notify a moderator is by clicking the red triangle alert button. They do not and cannot read each and every thread here, so if something is against the guidelines, they appreciate a heads up.

Absolutely! It's more mature than passive aggressive online pseudo micro-aggressions.

If it is an issue I'd find it really odd that they used one of my copyright videos on their front page for over a week. Much to my delight of course!

I love it when people appreciate my work. :)

Happy people, have an awesome evening. To the not so happy over the trivial. Have a drink, you'll feel better! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished posting an interview with Alastair Crawford Hotel Director on the Jewel of the Seas. He's one of the cheeriest people I've ever met. :)

Link: http://travelxena.com/interview-with-cruise-director-alastair-crawford-on-the-jewel-of-the-seas/

Excerpts below:

"What made you go into this line of work? Did you see yourself doing that when you were a kid?

I moved into the catering hospitality side when I went to university. I did a Hospitality degree. Hotel and Catering Institutional Management it was called back then. I did that and I went to work for a Scottish hotel chain called Statons Hotels. And I went into a training management program with them and then from there I was made into the Assistant Manager and was working in several hotels around Glasgow, Edinburgh…those places in Scotland. Purely by chance I came across an advertisement to join cruises, so I applied for it I went down on a sleeper train for London for an interview and I was lucky enough to get the job. I was quite young in those days that was back in the early 80s and I went to work for P&O and Princess cruises until 1989. Met my wife on board, my wife’s from Mexico we got married, I left at that time."

"What would you say to a passenger who’s on their first cruise? What would you tell them guarantees a great cruise? Well I think that they should come on board prepared to try things that they don’t normally do. There’s a lot of activities, entertainment and so on, come on immerse yourself in it and enjoy it. A lot of activities they call for guest involvement, passenger involvement. If they’re not involved they don’t get the same experience at the end of the day. There are so many things that maybe as you’re older you wouldn’t try, on the Adventure for example you’ve got the ice rink on board. You know you might not expect in your 50′s to sail the Caribbean and go ice skating but why not give it a try."

Thought I recognized your username and reviews from the NCL board! Thanks for posting the review and pictures. We were considering a cruise on the Jewel for our honeymoon, but opted for the Independence of the Seas instead. (Got engaged on the Epic.) Love reading your blog. :)

Thought I recognized your username and reviews from the NCL board! Thanks for posting the review and pictures. We were considering a cruise on the Jewel for our honeymoon, but opted for the Independence of the Seas instead. (Got engaged on the Epic.) Love reading your blog. :)

Congratulations! You both can say that you were on two love boats! :D

Thanks for reading it! I have fun creating the posts.

Archived