Jewel of the Seas July 6-13 --- First RCi Cruise

I took my first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Jewel of the Seas from July 6-13. I had a really nice time and had the opportunity to interview the Captain, Staff Captain, Hotel, Cruise and F&B Directors which I will post soon, along with info on the islands and my time in San Juan.

Blog post below. I've a few hundred photos on my website, but I'm posting a few here as well.

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-the-Seas-TravelXena-21.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-The-Seas-theater-Tour-TravelXena-8.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-the-Seas-Food-TravelXena-2.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-The-Seas-Bridge-Tour-TravelXena-11.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-the-Seas-TravelXena-25.jpg

All photos copyright TravelXena.com 2013

In case anyone is wondering, the following people are on board.

Captain James MacDonald

Staff Captain Kate McHue

Hotel Director Alastair Crawford

Cruise Director Dennis Charles

F&B Director Tony Fitzsimmons

Concierge Diego Tripaldo

Thank you Donna K. :)

Dennis is awesome, tons of energy and really nice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Type below. Diego's last name is: Tripaldi.

I took my first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Jewel of the Seas from July 6-13. I had a really nice time and had the opportunity to interview the Captain, Staff Captain, Hotel, Cruise and F&B Directors which I will post soon, along with info on the islands and my time in San Juan.

Blog post below. I've a few hundred photos on my website, but I'm posting a few here as well.

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-the-Seas-TravelXena-21.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-The-Seas-theater-Tour-TravelXena-8.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-the-Seas-Food-TravelXena-2.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-The-Seas-Bridge-Tour-TravelXena-11.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-the-Seas-TravelXena-25.jpg

All photos copyright TravelXena.com 2013

I have to ask...where to you get this dessert??

Karen

I have to ask...where to you get this dessert??

Karen

It was in the MDR. My friends and I along with some others had the chance to have dinner with the F&B Director Tony Fitzsimmons and it's the dessert that was served. I'm not sure of the name, but the crust was made of peanuts and inside had a cream filled with berries. It was tasty.

It was in the MDR. My friends and I along with some others had the chance to have dinner with the F&B Director Tony Fitzsimmons and it's the dessert that was served. I'm not sure of the name, but the crust was made of peanuts and inside had a cream filled with berries. It was tasty.

Thanks for the response..I first had this dessert at the Captain's Table a few years ago, and everytime since then when on the Explorer of the Seas our dining table was always next to the Captains table, so I was able to snag one of those...of course with alittle bit of begging on my part. Then when you posted the picture, I thought maybe it finally made the dessert menu. We will be on the Jewel in October...so looks like I will need to brush up on my begging:D

Karen

Thanks for the response..I first had this dessert at the Captain's Table a few years ago, and everytime since then when on the Explorer of the Seas our dining table was always next to the Captains table, so I was able to snag one of those...of course with alittle bit of begging on my part. Then when you posted the picture, I thought maybe it finally made the dessert menu. We will be on the Jewel in October...so looks like I will need to brush up on my begging:D

Karen

It is definitely tasty. If you talk to the F&B Director (currently Tony) maybe he can arrange for it to be on the menu at least one night. :D

I'm on the Jewel for the first time next year! Beautiful pics! We had Dennis for our CD on the Serenade a couple of years back - really liked him!

He's great and has a cool sense of humor, I definitely look forward to meeting him again on one of the ships. :)

Can you post menu pictures please?

Sorry! I didn't take many, but what I do have I'll post below.

Jewel is an awesome ship just like the rest of the Radiance Class. We did a B2B on Jewel in May and absolutely love it. Ship was so pretty and staff was great.

Yes they have a lot of nice people on board! Very personable!

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-the-Seas-TravelXena-55.jpg

Royal-Caribbean-Jewel-of-the-Seas-TravelXena-32.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cool review, great pictures! thank you for sharing!!

I checked out your blog, made me want to try out the NCL Breakaway!

Did you find trouble finding a place to sit in the outdoor Windjammer or the Seaview cafe? I am afraid they will be packed!

Thank you for checking it out! :)

I never had a problem finding seating in either, a couple of times I decided to sit in seating outside of windjammer, but that was to enjoy the warmth and quiet not for lack of seating inside.

The seaview is a lot smaller, but there was always seating available. There's also seating right outside of it as well and the servers will take your order there too.

The Breakaway is a really nice ship, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Don't forget to try to water park if you go.

cool review, great pictures! thank you for sharing!!

I checked out your blog, made me want to try out the NCL Breakaway!

Did you find trouble finding a place to sit in the outdoor Windjammer or the Seaview cafe? I am afraid they will be packed!

I have to ask Cruise Critic to delete this thread, she is placing copyright stuff on the board, even if it is hers. Please look at the links she is posting.

The most effective way to notify a moderator is by clicking the red triangle alert button. They do not and cannot read each and every thread here, so if something is against the guidelines, they appreciate a heads up.

I have to ask Cruise Critic to delete this thread, she is placing copyright stuff on the board, even if it is hers. Please look at the links she is posting.

Sorry OP

They've never had a problem with anything else I've posted in the past. I'm not sure what the issue would be here, but you of course should do what you feel you need to do in order to solve world peace. :rolleyes: This place can be so amazingly pathetically juvenile. Sad.

Archived