Patrick's tour

shrkdive1

We are starting to book our excursions for our November 13th cruise and looking for suggestions on Patrick's Bora Bora tour. I know you can book it through PG but also perhaps book direct. Is there any advantage of booking direct with Maohi Nui? Will we need to book all 8 spots and find others through roll call to share?

Second question is that he offers a 3/4 day trip with lunch and a full day trip with lunch. Can anyone who has done both say if the full day trip is worth it or should we just book the 3/4 day and save the time for something else?

If you book direct you will need to reserve the entire outrigger and get it filled via roll call. The price is not known until you actually board as it is a sliding scale based upon how fill the outrigger is. I've taken Patrick when we've been full at it was around $125. I've taken with only 8 of us and it was around $165. The outrigger can handle up to 12.

I have only done the full day with Patrick himself, but it was nice because we had no time frame of anything. If we wanted to stay longer somewhere, it was fine. He offered another snorkel spot at the end, but we were tired so we stopped at Bloody Mary's for a drink at the end. It was fun, and a very nice way to take in Bora Bora without feeling rushed and on a schedule. We did not book through the PG (they hadn't partnered yet).

If you have a group of 8 or more, I would book Patrick, as it is a full or 3/4 day trip with lunch. When I contacted him, I was sent a price for the day and was told he could take up to 12 people. Our group of two would have cost close to a thousand dollars each for the day and a group of 12 would have been about $150 each. He did not offer a tour for the two of us where he would add passengers - the onus was on us to find people or to take his PG offering with other people from the ship. I opted to book with Christophe (Reef discovery) instead, as he charged by the person - about $120 each. Enough people contacted him from Cruise Critic that we had 6 people for his half day tour. Great day.

• 2 weeks later...
We are starting to book our excursions for our November 13th cruise and looking for suggestions on Patrick's Bora Bora tour. I know you can book it through PG but also perhaps book direct. Is there any advantage of booking direct with Maohi Nui? Will we need to book all 8 spots and find others through roll call to share?

Second question is that he offers a 3/4 day trip with lunch and a full day trip with lunch. Can anyone who has done both say if the full day trip is worth it or should we just book the 3/4 day and save the time for something else?

I did his tour 3 years ago and the full day was great and well worth it. I will be on the same cruise with the friends we went with before. last time we only did a 7 day so we are looking forward to this trip.

We would consider joining you. I emailed Patrick last week and was given the prices for his private tours. We were also considering raanuitours if we didn't book with Patrick. The 5 hour lagoon excursion is $125 u.s. for a full boat of 12. The 7 hour excursion is $146.

Archived