Sands Brewery in Freeport

Mrs007

okay, so what I'm finding is this...it looks like about $5/pp each way for the taxi, $5/pp for the brewery tour/tasting (it looks like you taste all 5 or 6 brews then can drink as much as you want/can in 1 hour. There is also a great place to grab lunch on the premises... Bahama John's Seafood N Rib's that gets good reviews on TripAdvisor. This will be our tour!

I have also asked this question with no definitive answer, we were there in June and tried to get a taxi to the Brewery they quoted us $50 :eek: but it was very busy in the port so we never tried to negotiate or ask again. The price you have sounds more like what it should be based on what we have paid to go to Lucaya.

I saw no evidence of a restaurant. And I went on a ship tour and there was no charge for the brewery tour itself. I thought I'd read that the tour was free whether you came on excursion and just showed up.

Don't know, though.

Thought about going next month because I'm sailing with two friends who might enjoy it and would like to know about the taxi fare and any fee for the tour if we aren't on an excursion.

They have a website. I'll see if there's a way to contact them.

NCTribeFan, I sent an email to Sands Brewery and they confirmed that Bahama John's Rib Shack is now on their property. They also said it is $5 to tour the brewery. You probably didn't pay on the cruise ship tour because admission was included in what you paid for the tour.

A group of 6 of us were on the Carnival Glory in May. We hired a taxi (Mr. B was the driver) to take us around Freeport and show us what was there. We were on our way back to the ship when we passed Sands and saw the sign for tours. Our cab driver did a U-turn and took us back. We were quoted $15 each for the tour, but the lady said since we came in a taxi, it would be $5. per person. We had about a half-hour tour upstairs looking down at the operation, then taken into the tasting room. I think the two people who gave us the tour would have poured beer all afternoon. They didn't skimp ... Each of the three couples tipped them $10 in addition to the $5 each for the tour. This was at the end of our tour of the area, so I don't know what a taxi direct to Sands would cost, but it wasn't too far from the cruise terminal.

A group of 6 of us were on the Carnival Glory in May. We hired a taxi (Mr. B was the driver) to take us around Freeport and show us what was there. We were on our way back to the ship when we passed Sands and saw the sign for tours. Our cab driver did a U-turn and took us back. We were quoted $15 each for the tour, but the lady said since we came in a taxi, it would be $5. per person. We had about a half-hour tour upstairs looking down at the operation, then taken into the tasting room. I think the two people who gave us the tour would have poured beer all afternoon. They didn't skimp ... Each of the three couples tipped them $10 in addition to the $5 each for the tour. This was at the end of our tour of the area, so I don't know what a taxi direct to Sands would cost, but it wasn't too far from the cruise terminal.

How much did the tour cost and did you just book it at the port?

We paid $30 each for the taxi tour. This wasn't a Carnival excursion, but one we booked in the taxi queue area. We told one of the supervisors what we wanted and he hooked us up with the driver, Mr. B. The total, per person, was $30 for the taxi tour, which lasted more than two hours with the brewery tour, also $5 for the brewery tour and $5 each for the tip. So the total was $40 per person for the day. We also stopped in a small craft fair area where we bought some, I'm sure, overpriced trinkets. Hope this helps.

Edited by Thechesapeakecruiser

We paid $30 each for the taxi tour. This wasn't a Carnival excursion, but one we booked in the taxi queue area. We told one of the supervisors what we wanted and he hooked us up with the driver, Mr. B. The total, per person, was $30 for the taxi tour, which lasted more than two hours with the brewery tour, also $5 for the brewery tour and $5 each for the tip. So the total was $40 per person for the day. We also stopped in a small craft fair area where we bought some, I'm sure, overpriced trinkets. Hope this helps.

Perfect.Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am also interested in catching a cab to the brewery instead of booking through the ship which is almost $50pp and includes stops at a perfume factory and straw market which I'm not interested in. My problem is we are in Freeport on a Saturday. The website says tours are only offered Monday through Friday. I have tried to contact the brewery through email with no luck. I know they still offer tours to cruise ships on Saturdays but don't know what would happen if I just showed up in a taxi on a Saturday. Can anyone help???

I am also interested in catching a cab to the brewery instead of booking through the ship which is almost $50pp and includes stops at a perfume factory and straw market which I'm not interested in. My problem is we are in Freeport on a Saturday. The website says tours are only offered Monday through Friday. I have tried to contact the brewery through email with no luck. I know they still offer tours to cruise ships on Saturdays but don't know what would happen if I just showed up in a taxi on a Saturday. Can anyone help???

Sorry we did not get to inquire about the taxi fees on our last stop, but trip******* has reviews and several if them talk about going on the weekend I sent a message to one of the reviewers that had done the cab from the port hopefully they will answer me and we will have an answer! But as a side note I have not read a bad review about the ships excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done this tour on your own on a Saturday? I did find a private excursion that is the brewery tour and paradise beach which sounds better than perfume and straw.

I did hear back from Ash at the brewery who said they were closed on the Saturday we are in port. I don't know how we can book privately or through carnival if they are really closed though. Thoughts??

• 1 year later...
I did find a private excursion that is the brewery tour and paradise beach which sounds better than perfume and straw.

I know this is an old thread, but the private excursion you describe here sounds perfect for a friend and I who will be visiting Freeport in May. Did you end up taking this excursion? Do you remember the name of the tour company? I'm not having any luck finding a similar excursion.

Edited by agp_mzk