NCL Star - Alaska - Tendering?

nycruise

I don't know for sure but the tender port for the Spirit is Ketchikan. The ship docks from 7-9am and is anchored thereafter. This is due to the weekly rotation of berthing space. The relocate out to sea at 9am and use tenders to shuttle folks back and forth after that. That's the only tender port in the inside passage route that I'm aware of. Happy Sailing!

This seems to vary from week to week. We have just completed the Star's cruise June 5th - 12th and we docked in every port - no tendering at all. However I believe that a couple of times a month the ship tenders in Juneau. This probably depends on other boats being in port at the same time.

During our cruise 6/12-6/19, the ship tendered into Juneau from around noon until 2:00 PM (at which time it docked in the Spirit's place and you could walk off the ship), and also tendered into Ketchikan. As others have noted, the Ketchikan tender appears to be every other week.

On the Star 5/22, we tendered into Juneau from 12-2PM. When the Spirit left, we docked. The dock is NOT downtown Juneau. It is a new dock built within the last year or so and is not downtown. There was a free shuttle to take you downtown from what I understand. We didn't use it as we had friends who live in Juneau pick us up and take us around. That was our only tender port.

Katie

We just returned from our NCL Star cruise 6/26/05--07/03/05. You're in for a treat!! The only time we tendered was in Juneau from 12 noon to 2 pm. The ship docked at 2:30pm but we took the tender as we were anxious to explore Juneau and make our 3:30pm Captain Larry Whale watching tour. Enjoy--you will have a ball!

Archived