Beach Near Carnival Terminal

takevtr1

Will be sailing on the Valor on Sun. 8/4. Forgot we don't depart until 10p, so we have the whole day to do things.

What is the best beach that is closest to the port and how would we get there? We want to spend about 2-3 hours just relaxing, then MAYBE do a little sightseeing.

Thanks for any advice,

Mitch........

Condado Beach is conveniently only a ten-minute cab ride from Luis Munoz Marin International Airport.

ok, but I think we want to go the Valor first, check-in, have a quick bite to eat, then head out.

ok thanks.

not sure if we just want to walk around OSJ and see the forts, or head to the beach for the afternoon.

I would do El Morro Fort, The Capitol, and stroll the blue cobblestone streets and stop at a local restaurant. :)

I would do El Morro Fort, The Capitol, and stroll the blue cobblestone streets and stop at a local restaurant. :)

I think this is what we are going to do and save the beaches for all of our ports of call, which have some of the grestest beaches in the Caribbean.

We have about 5 hours, so maybe we can sneak in an hour or two at the beach.

I also wanted to the Bacardi Rum tour, but I can't get the rest of my group to join in.

There are plenty of beach opportunities on the port stops.

Old San Juan is a beautiful and interesting city. You really should take the time to just explore there.

You can check in to the ship, drop off your carryon bags, then just head back out and explore. It's easy enough to walk almost the entire city, or jump on the free trolley (plenty of info about both on this board).

I fell in love with OSJ when we stopped there for the day in December 2007. Just knew I had to sail from there, so we did in May 2009. Flew down a day early and stayed two days after.

Love it there! Cannot wait to return in November.

If you want to do the Bacardi distillery just catch the ferry at pier 2 - it takes you across the bay where there will be cabs waiting to take folks to the distillery. The tour itself is free and comes with two free rum drinks. There will also be plenty of cabs waiting to take you back to the ferry. The fare, btw, is a whopping $.50 each way - $.25 for kids and seniors.

There are plenty of beach opportunities on the port stops.

Old San Juan is a beautiful and interesting city. You really should take the time to just explore there.

You can check in to the ship, drop off your carryon bags, then just head back out and explore. It's easy enough to walk almost the entire city, or jump on the free trolley (plenty of info about both on this board).

I fell in love with OSJ when we stopped there for the day in December 2007. Just knew I had to sail from there, so we did in May 2009. Flew down a day early and stayed two days after.

Love it there! Cannot wait to return in November.

settled, that is what we are going to do. We are actually visiting a beach on each island, so yes we will have plenty of "beach time" during our 5 island visit.

Thanks,

Mitch......

If you want to do the Bacardi distillery just catch the ferry at pier 2 - it takes you across the bay where there will be cabs waiting to take folks to the distillery. The tour itself is free and comes with two free rum drinks. There will also be plenty of cabs waiting to take you back to the ferry. The fare, btw, is a whopping $.50 each way - $.25 for kids and seniors.

Is that he ferry fare? How about cab?

El Escambron beach is also close to the port. Its about 5-10 min cab ride.:)

Do you know the name of the restaurant there? I've been reading about this beach and since we've visited SJ several times, this might be something different for us to do!

Archived