Free Radical Catamaran . . . How Quickly Do They Respond?

polySeraph

We've heard great things about Free Radical and we'd love to sign up for their day excursion when our ship calls in Roatan next January. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago to ask if they would accept Paypal for the deposit and I heard back within 48 hours, (They said Paypal would be fine.) Since then I've emailed them twice asking them to put us on a waiting list to group us with others (They require a minimum of 6 but will add smaller parties to a waiting list to group them together) and to let let us know what the next steps are. (ie, when to send the deposit) I haven't heard anything back from them and when I checked their calendar on my date in January, there was no mention that "2 want to go - looking for more" as there were for several other days in January.

So I was wondering if someone else who's taken this excursion could tell me what their experiences were when signing up with Free Radical. I've read so many great reviews about them that I'd really like to take the excursion. On the other hand, if they aren't going to be running the excursion that day, I'd like to know so I can move on to Plan B.

• 1 month later...
I have had a few email exchanges with them and always heard back in just a few hours.

Here is the email address that I have used:

svfreeradical@gmail.com

I got an email from them this morning, so I know that they are there and monitoring their email.

Good luck.

Thanks for the response. I've sent emails to that address and through the form on their website. I received a response to my first email (asking whether they take Paypal) and received a prompt reply. I immediately sent back another email requesting to be added to their tour share list for the date we will be in Roatan and got no response. After a week or so I sent another email, waited awhile and....nada!

Now that I know that they are responding to email sent to that address, I will try again. They have received such great reviews that I'm sure it must have been an oversight. I will post again once I've heard from them.

Great people great trip. One thing I highly recommend is to go there hungry. We had all kinds of snacks and stuff baked by the cook on the boat before snorkelling and then when we got back aboard they brought out a ginormous meal that we weren't expecting.

Ed also makes great use of his blender.

• 1 month later...

I have to chime in that this is probably the best excursion I have ever taken!! We are heading back to Roatan in April and are so very bummed that the Free Radical is booked for a private charter the day we are there. I've been looking forward to taking my kids, and now I'm struggling to find another excursion that can measure up!

This is a GREAT way to spend the day in Roatan!!

Just an update. We've paid the deposit and are on track for a great excursion. We actually paid TWO deposits. The first was for DH and me and then a few days later we added our DD and DSIL. On both occasions we heard from Julie (telling us that she'd received the money) within a couple of hours of our making the deposit.

So far so good and, if present trends continue, in a couple of months I'll be adding my rave review to all the others.

Just got back from our cruise and did the Radical catamaran cruise. We had a private group of 14. Julie & Ed were very accommodating. Food and drinks kept coming. The crew is awesome and the majority of them are young boys who are very respectful. Some of them have to support their whole families. Be sure to follow them on the snorkel cruise as they will show you things you might not see on your own. I would definitely do this excursion again.

Julie & Ed donate money and time to a local school that has very minimal to work with. They accept cash donations to help out or accept school supplies. If you are doing their excusion, I might suggest bringing some school supplies with you or make a small donation to their school fund. At the present time, they are working on running water at the school. We have taken up a collection to help them meet their goal.

I was out with them one day March 2013.

Highly recommended.

Indeed, go hungry and allow the "boys" to guide your snorkel. The kid found a sea spider thing I didn't even knew existed.

The drive out to the boat gives you a chance to see a fair amount of the island as well.

• 1 month later...
I have had a few email exchanges with them and always heard back in just a few hours.

Here is the email address that I have used:

svfreeradical@gmail.com

I got an email from them this morning, so I know that they are there and monitoring their email.

bakerintn, how was your excursion with Free Radical?

• 2 months later...