Fanning Island ... The Real Story

docksidr

Can't help you with the excursion package, but the ship goes there because it is required to go to a foreign port. We really enjoyed our day there. You tender in and can go to the beach and spend the day. There is a bbq lunch available with plenty to eat. We went on a walking tour of the island with one of the residents, I would highly recommend this. He shared with us what their life is like and showed us their homes, school, cemetary, etc. There are several people waiting as you get off the ship that will offer to do this for you - no set charge when we went a couple of years ago - you tip them what you like. For us it was a nice relaxing day free of crowds, cars and all of the other things that slow you down! :D Some of the women and children also set up tables by the pier where you can buy some of the items they make.

We are just recently back from the 10 day NCL Wind which goes to Fanning Island. Our family went on the Napali beach excursion and I am glad we did it. It is a whole different Island but really close to Fanning Island. It took just a couple of minutes to tender across to the main island. We got to be first ones off the ship and had played in the water for a couple hours before most everyone else got to get off the ship. It is a clean and really nice beach at Napali. There is much more room so it seems like you are on your own secluded island and beach. The water at Napali beach is only knee deep for a very long way out. I figured it was worth the free t'shirt. It has a picture of fanning island and all the stats. It is not as crowded with more options. I hope that helps. We had friends that did the snorkel excursion. Thought it was pretty good.

Archived