Question about balcony rooms

CopaMom

I booked our cruise for March 2014 on Carnival Miracle the other day, and was just checking out stuff on Carnival's website. I chose the premium balcony (room 6232), but when I was looking at the deck plan, it states my room is an extended balcony (my research indicated the premium balcony is larger). The cost of the upgrade was the same. Would they just sub a different choice like that without telling me? Should I assume all the premium balconies were sold out? And if they are, why would it show premium balcony as a choice? Any input is appreciated! This is only my second cruise, and first balcony room. :)

I paid for the upgrade to premium balcony. I chose the room. I (foolishly) assumed the rooms they let me choose from were all premium balconies. Now I am seeing the one I chose is an extended balcony. Hope this clarifies.

I booked our cruise for March 2014 on Carnival Miracle the other day, and was just checking out stuff on Carnival's website. I chose the premium balcony (room 6232), but when I was looking at the deck plan, it states my room is an extended balcony (my research indicated the premium balcony is larger). The cost of the upgrade was the same. Would they just sub a different choice like that without telling me? Should I assume all the premium balconies were sold out? And if they are, why would it show premium balcony as a choice? Any input is appreciated! This is only my second cruise, and first balcony room. :)

You are in an extended balcony that can accomodate 3 people. It appears that the cabin and balcony is smaller than the 2 Premium balcony cabins on that deck.

If you actually have 3 people in your cabin they probably gave you a list of cabins that could accomodate 3. The two Premium balcony cabins are for 4 or 2 people.

We have 4 people in our room.

I called Carnival this AM to clarify. It seems the room I booked has an extended balcony. The premium balcony is 85sf with the room at 230sf. Our room is 185sf and the balcony is 180sf. So no more complaints! I'll stick with what I have :) I just talked to my husband, and he says we will just put the kids on the balcony to sleep LOL

Archived