Driving to Boston-Dawn

Andoria

Hi,

I'll be going on the Dawn on Friday with 4 other family members. We'll be leaving from Nashua NH and were planning on taking a bus into Boston. Now I'm wondering if it would be better to drive.

I'm a bit skittish with the thought of driving into a big city. Is the Black Falcon Terminal fairly easy to get to or am I better off sticking with the bus?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'll be going on the Dawn on Friday with 4 other family members. We'll be leaving from Nashua NH and were planning on taking a bus into Boston. Now I'm wondering if it would be better to drive.

I'm a bit skittish with the thought of driving into a big city. Is the Black Falcon Terminal fairly easy to get to or am I better off sticking with the bus?

Thanks.

Boston isn't exactly "big city" driving. I stayed in a hotel earlier this year that was across the street from the cruise terminal, and it was fairly easy to get around. It's nothing like New York. Only real thing to watch out for is one-way streets.

Boston isn't exactly "big city" driving. I stayed in a hotel earlier this year that was across the street from the cruise terminal, and it was fairly easy to get around. It's nothing like New York. Only real thing to watch out for is one-way streets.

LOL I knew I shouldn't have said "big city." I actually found the NY cruise terminal very easy to get to. I barley had to do any backseat driving.

The Boston cruise terminal is very, very easy to drive to. I do it every year. You get off of I90 at the port exit, a couple of turns on side type streets and you are there in no time.

LOL I knew I shouldn't have said "big city." I actually found the NY cruise terminal very easy to get to. I barley had to do any backseat driving.

From I-93, it's pretty much a straight shot once you get off the exit.

and it is actually much easier than the NY terminal.......

It is like a piece of cake. I think you should drive, then you will have all your supplies with you, like water or soda or wine...and you won't have to schlep as much.......

We drive every year andm y husband hates driving... wont let me drive though...LOL and we have no problem we stay at the boston westin on the water front the night befor and its a hop skip and ajump from there.... easy you can do it...

The parking garage is across the street and you just grab your luggage and walk over its a 2 -3 min walk.. cost is about 112 to 120 for the week I forgot... sorry

From Nashua, take I-93. Once across the bridge and into the dig, look for the "Purchase Street" exit. Take that exit but stay in the left lane. When you get to the surface, turn left onto Purchase Street. This runs past South Station, and will take you over the river past the Boston Tea Party ship, past the Seaport Trade Center, and then you will see a roundabout at the entrance to the Marine Terminal area a little after the 3 story Legal Seafood on your left. Follow the signs to the Black Falcon Terminal.

Hi,

Thanks.

Generally Friday's inbound into the city is a lighter traffic day. You may want to wait until the traffic clears leaving after 10am; you will be there very quickly.

Hi,

Thanks.

I assume you are talking about the Boston Express bus from Nashua to the South Station bus terminal?

If so, you'll only be 1.5 miles from the cruise terminal when you get off the bus. Easier to take taxis from out in front of South Station, or you could take the Silverline 2 bus (check the MBTA website for more info about that bus).

(I grew up in Boston, learned to drive in Boston, and never drive to downtown since I moved to NH decades ago The buses are great. Always take them to Logan airport.)

I assume you are talking about the Boston Express bus from Nashua to the South Station bus terminal?

If so, you'll only be 1.5 miles from the cruise terminal when you get off the bus. Easier to take taxis from out in front of South Station, or you could take the Silverline 2 bus (check the MBTA website for more info about that bus).

(I grew up in Boston, learned to drive in Boston, and never drive to downtown since I moved to NH decades ago The buses are great. Always take them to Logan airport.)

Yes, the Boston express. We would need to drive two cars down to Boston due to a small trunk and five people. So that's parking x2.

Yes, the Boston express. We would need to drive two cars down to Boston due to a small trunk and five people. So that's parking x2.

My experience is that the bus drivers will load and unload your luggage from the luggage hold under the bus. They appreciate a tip (especially if they've handled a large, heavy item). :)

Archived