NCL Breakaway not handicap friendly

NYBlonde

The point being you cannot find this site before your cruise, but can when you return with complaints. Additionally, if you complain, why not come back and interact with the responders?

Everyone started with one post, most don't start with a rant and then disappear.

Excellent point. There's another forum I frequent regularly at Edmunds.com. Edmunds found that there are actually companies out there who will (for a charge) post either negative or positive information on forums. Edmunds is actually suing one particular company for doing just that, given they're misrepresenting who they are (an actual customer).

You see the posters with 1 or just a few posts, especially the overly positive posts, or overly negative posts (usually the latter) and I think of those who are paid to post.

I don't think I would like to cruise on any ship that holds over 2800 guests because of the crowds. It would be like a town sailing on the ocean. I sailed on the Pearl and there were crowds at times, but for the most part it wasn't that bad. I think I will stick with the smaller ships and hope that NCL doesn't do away with them in the future.

I appreciate the OPs observations about accessibility issues. I'm always on the lookout for NCL specific info in this area as my wife uses a wheelchair 90% of the time when on ships. We have found the midsize RCI ships to be very wheelchair friendly so are looking forward to compare on Star next year. Our last cruise was on RCI's Mariner of the Seas, for which wheelchair marathon champion Jean Driscoll is Godmother and was an accessibility advisor during construction, and it was done very well.

We have already decided there will be no megaships for us on any line. Some things just don't scale up very well.

Archived